• This topic has 34 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Bike thief gets 2.5 years.
  • wwaswas

news report

Sounds like some commuters use very expensive bikes as well…

foxyrider
    Free Member

I'd strip his skin off, roll him in salt, hang, draw and quarter him and feed him to the dogs the dirty scoundrel 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

What idiot leaves a 3 grand bike at a railway station??

uplink
    Free Member

someone with good insurance & a line in fake receipts?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Perhaps he has problems with his memory and forgot it 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Perhaps he has problems with his memory and forgot it 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

ha ha.. foxy.. supposing you meant that… 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

same amount of time as that footballer got for killing that father of 5.

much as i hate bike thieves.
    i hate footballers more.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

DezB – Member

How does that make them an idiot? Perhaps they're just rich. Would you call someone an idiot for leaving a Ferrari parked in a public carpark during the day?
    Some people might think it's idiotic riding a similar value bike through mud and over rocks…

foxyrider
    Free Member

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Would you call someone an idiot for leaving a Ferrari parked in a public carpark during the day?

If it got nicked or damaged, yes. In fact, probably yes anyway.

jonb
    Free Member

Whenever I'm down south I often park in Cobham stations. Every other car is a Porsche or Ferrari. If they decided to cycle I think a 3 grand bike would be well within budget.

In other news someone who killed a cyclist got a 6 month driving ban and £500 fine. Me thinks things are a little skewed.

soobalias
    Free Member

"He has spent 49 days in custody. Had he known how hard it was, he certainly wouldn't have embarked on this string of offences."

aw, diddums – stick him in the sicko wing till his guts are hanging from his ring.

RealMan
    Free Member

Should get 2 and a half years per bike.

grumm
    Free Member

stick him in the sicko wing till his guts are hanging from his ring.

Why?

DezB
    Free Member

How does that make them an idiot? Perhaps they're just rich. Would you call someone an idiot for leaving a Ferrari parked in a public carpark during the day?
    Some people might think it's idiotic riding a similar value bike through mud and over rocks…

How does that make them an idiot? Well, they got it nicked didn't they??

PJM1974
    Free Member

The fact that he got away with it for so long doesn't surprise me.

That's one less of them on the streets for the time being though, here's hoping the cops catch more and throw the bloody book at them for once.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

The owner didn't get it nicked, it got nicked. Doesn't make the owner an idiot if it was locked up well within sight of CCTV.
    When I'm rich I'm not having any sh1t bikes, just locks to match!

sofatester
    Free Member

So let me get this straight. You work hard, buy something nice and decided to leave it somewhere and it happens to get removed by a scrote, you're the idiot? 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

So let me get this straight. You work hard, buy something nice and decided to leave it somewhere and it happens to get removed by a scrote, you're the idiot?

No. Because it's a perfect world and when you work hard to aquire something everyone just walks past and admires your acheivement.

ransos
    Free Member

How does that make them an idiot? Well, they got it nicked didn't they?

I'm sure that cheaper bikes are available than the one you would leave locked in a public place. So if it gets nicked, does that make you idiotic?

headfirst
    Free Member

ok then, who on here would leave a £3k bike locked to a sheffield stand outside a train station?

I think uplink is on to something…

ransos
    Free Member

ok then, who on here would leave a £3k bike locked to a sheffield stand outside a train station?

I think uplink is on to something…

Lots of people might leave a £500 bike though. Bikes are available for much less. Does that make them all idiots?

Dobbo

He doesn't need punishment, he needs help and rehabilitation.
    Punishment after the event serves no purpose except to fuel a culture of blame and revenge.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Who here would ride a shonkpiece bike if they had millions in expendable income?

Gary_C

He doesn't need punishment, he needs help and rehabilitation.
    Punishment after the event serves no purpose except to fuel a culture of blame and revenge.

FFS!!
    Comments like that by lilly livered liberals like yourself make my blood boil.
    Of course he needs punishment,the harder the better,& that applies to all criminals,not just that one.
    No wonder that the lunatics have taken over the asylum…
    That's all i'm saying on the subject.
    Good day.

Dobbo

Gary_C – Member

FFS!!
    Comments like that by lilly livered liberals like yourself make my blood boil.
    Of course he needs punishment,the harder the better,& that applies to all criminals,not just that one.
    No wonder that the lunatics have taken over the asylum…
    Good day.

I was actually quoting hilldodger from the "So why do we let them live" thread, if he'd do that to paedos I'm sure he'd give a bike thief a medal and holiday in Spain.

Personally I'd flog the bike thief to within an inch of his life then go a foot more. 😆

zaskar
    Free Member

You wouldn't walk in a dark alley at 1am in the morning in a dodgy area but you have every right to walk down there.

So what if it was a £3K bike or £3 they had every right to use it but sense reminds it will increase the risk of it being stolen.

If I had a Ferrari I'd park it anywhere legally it can be parked and use it to Tesco food shop.

I'd also be rich and not give a monkey magic if it gets nicked.

Gary_C

Good day.

Just to contradict myself… 🙂

Personally I'd flog the bike thief to within an inch of his life then go a foot more.

Well said that man!Apologies for my previous comment directed at your post. 😳

Dobbo

Gary_C – Member
    Well said that man!Apologies for my previous comment directed at your post.

Absolutely none taken, you didn't know the origin!

BadlyWiredDog

One of my mates used to own a Ferrari and came night riding with it, left it parked in the car park at Mam Nick in the Peak – frame was strapped into the passenger seat btw, wheels in the shallow front boot thing.

Anyway… we got back to see lights in the car park, snuck back in and found a copper looking at the Ferrari.

'Is that your Ferrari sir? It's just that you seem to have left some CDs in plain view on the dashboard where they might be stolen.'

Slightly bizarre.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

how about leaving a Ferrari 599 in a rural car park, with the ignition keys left visible on the front tyre? Luckily the guy that came across it called the police…

Drac

If I seen a Ferrari 599 I might come across it too.

mefty
    Free Member

The thing that rankles with me (and it appears the judge) is he did not get caught sooner having been caught on CCTV, whereas he turns up in Bristol where they seem to be taking bike theft more seriously and he gets caught straight away. Does give the impression that Worthing station/police were not that bothered.

Nico
    Free Member

He nicked 33 000 quids worth of bikes in 6 years, which he sold in East London for much less than their real value, and he travelled all over the south to do it. That's less than minimum wage. Loser.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Bike thief gets 2.5 years.’ is closed to new replies.