Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike thefts on the up!
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

So it’s official, listening to radio Leeds on the way to work this morning the news confirmed that burglary in West Yorkshire have risen! The article specifically mentioned the theft of cycles/bicyles so let’s all take extra care!
    After reading all the bike stolen topics on this forum, this has just confirmed the worst!

Brianblessed
    Free Member

Yup, I’n near Skipton and the bastards took mine from my garage last week !

fieldy
    Free Member

I had two quality bikes nicked just before Xmas – the thread is on here, you’ve probably seen it?
    A forum member has spotted one of the bikes near Bradford but we haven’t been able to retrieve it?
    If you do have a bike nicked put a post on this thread
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-me-pics-of-your-stolen-bikes
    My quest to find them continues…..

ricky1
    Free Member

I feel rather paranoid about this topic now,in work today I was asked what bike I had ,I just answered “specialized”
    I didn’t divulge any more info on the bike as I try and keep it quiet,when I put it in the van it goes straight in and straight back into storage,I’m quite lucky as I have a 6 ft high wall around my property which helps.
    I know some guys who wash their bikes on the front drive in full view of every tom dick and Harry that chooses to walk past.

fieldy
    Free Member

According to government statistics approx 500’000 bikes are stolen per year with an average bike price being £1000 each. This is not small change crime!! However the true value will never be realised due to many thefts going unreported.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I have a masterplan about how not to get my bike stolen.. It’s called don’t leave it anywhere it’ll get stolen! 😀

fieldy
    Free Member

Like the plan……thought mine were safe in brick built garage and all locked together?? Don’t think anywhere is truly safe these days. If they know you’ve got it, and they want it, they will get it! B@st@rds

rob1984p
    Free Member

You don’t say the period over which they have risen, but surely this is to be expected given the increase in cycling post summer 2012?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike thefts on the up!’ is closed to new replies.