Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BIKE THEFT! Carnforth area
  • Rockape
    Free Member

Hi Everybody.

Late Friday night, I had my Marin Hawkhill mountain bike stolen from my garage.
    They also took my Valentino Rossi replica GP Pro Icon helmet ( now unable to ride my motorcycle!)
    Also they took my light green camelpak, a set of Shimano M647 SPD pedals, and spare Hayes sole brakes.
    Mountain bike is now fitted with a red Hope headset, Nobby Nic tyres and no longer has blue bottle and saddlebag as in pic. I also this year had decided to take the big leap into night riding and had invested in a smudge light which was also on the bike when taken!
    The forks where white Rockshox recon and Shimano SLX disc brakes.
    Gutted!

Marin Hawk Hill by Rockape46, on Flickr

Rossi Helmet by Rockape46, on Flickr

Rockape
    Free Member

🙁

woodchip46
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about the bike. 2nd time now, that bike has done some hot miles over the years. Hope you have as much luck as last time. Bet you it won’t be found in Hackney this time!

flow
    Free Member

Stolen from a garage! How strange!

SaxonRider

Flow, where else is a person supposed to keep their bike may I ask?

My mountain bike sleeps in the bedroom with me, but all the rest of my and my family’s bikes are outside in the shed.

With a house the size of mine, we don’t have a choice. And houses here in Britain aren’t exactly heaving with extra room, unless maybe you live in a farmhouse somewhere. Or the Palace.

flow
    Free Member

My mountain bike sleeps in the bedroom with me

You answered that yourself

Rockape
    Free Member

Hi all
    As woodchip says this is the second time this bike has been stolen. First time I was working down south in Teddington and we went shopping in Kingston upon Thames where it had its lock cut and was taken, my mates was left behind. We found it advertised on eBay and after alot of odd phone calls arranged a meet. So we borrowed the customers car where we were working instead of taking our van. Off into darkest Brixton we set, met a very large coloured gent, came to an arrangement and recovered it and quickly retreated. Back to present day checking eBay regularly and have put the word out locally in hope of once more been reunited with my stuff. (long shot I know)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘BIKE THEFT! Carnforth area’ is closed to new replies.