Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • bike tart – matching colours
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

I'm starting my first real bike build (as opposed to upgrading bikes in the past) – a lightweight hardtail and i'm now weighing up which SID forks I want. Is it bad to want the more expensive SID team's with pushloc because i like the colour?! (even though i don't really need the pushloc)

The SID teams (normal) come in black and red but i prefer the look of the versions with the pushloc which are white and red.

nickc

Why is this "wrong". like the rest of us, I presume you do this for fun? As a hobby? If you can afford them, and they're what you you want, then get them…

IHN

Careful, you'll turn into Sheldon…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Careful, you'll turn into Sheldon…

no way.. i'll never get to his nichwhore level! there's matching forks but brakes, hubs, levers stem cap etc etc..

or an extra top tube for the hell of it 😀

10pmix
    Free Member

It's only bad when you opt for the forks that are the model down from the ones you wanted because of the colour…

tazzymtb

get the forks custom painted with the same lovely blue/silver finish as the frame, you know you want to! or get some carbon dtswiss forks to match all the carbon controltech components 😀

organic355
    Free Member

Dont the SID teams without pushlock come in white and red? You can choose whatever colour you want, or are they only in stock in those colours?

trickydisco
    Free Member

et the forks custom painted with the same lovely blue/silver finish as the frame

that'll add weight surely 😉

Haven't got a spreadsheet yet but do want it to be light

trickydisco
    Free Member

Dont the SID teams without pushlock come in white and red? You can choose whatever colour you want, or are they only in stock in those colours?

All the one's i've found without pushloc are in black and red. If you can find one in white red let me know (around the £380 mark)

nicko74

Not at all – gopher it. I have white Revs that match my Soda, and won't replace them with Maxle Rebas unless I can find white ones.
    And my headset, hubs, seat release and stem topcap are all a fetching blue. **** it – mtb'ing is a complete luxury anyway, so why not make it the bike you want it to be?!

organic355
    Free Member

Merlin have the white/red ones WITH poploc for £370?

organic355
    Free Member

I got my (black/red) sid teams from ebay from this guy/shop:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rock-Shox-Sid-Team-100mm-White-Red-Disc-2009-New_W0QQitemZ120304670813QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c02b7985d#ht_1244wt_785

hes got a white/red set without remote for £330.

No problem in recommending.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Merlin have the white/red ones WITH poploc for £370?

No way.. they've been out of stock when ever i checked..

Thanks

trickydisco
    Free Member

organic355: You got that for £330 with shipping/import duty?

organic355
    Free Member

no shipping is on top of that, think I actually paid more than that, cant remember as it was over a year ago. says shipping is $50 which is about £30.

i didnt pay any import duty, as he wrote "gift" on the box with a value of £50, but its a chance you take, you could get stung with it.

tazzymtb

Haven't got a spreadsheet yet but do want it to be light

cheers, let my secret shame out why don't you…… 😀

Dirtynap
    Free Member

I'm a tart and proud of it. Why own an ugly bike when you can own a pimped up one 😀

organic355
    Free Member

ive got a spreadsheet !! 😳

tazzymtb

ive got a spreadsheet !!

It's alright, by the time I've finished corrupting trickydisco He'll be a fully paid up member of the "hmmmm, the bikes feeling a bit lardy, what it needs it titanium bolts on everything" brigade 😀

andylux
    Free Member

If its any consolation, I'm thinking about getting the dog a red name tag.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-new-bike-mwood-shova-dog-content

njee20
    Free Member

Ti bolts? Alu you mean…

I've never done the spreadsheet thing, it must be the preserve of 'mediocre' weight weenies, when you get really serious you're beyond needing one 🙂

epicyclo

njee20 – Member
    Ti bolts? Alu you mean…

Drilled through their centres of course.

And then re-anodised… 🙂

tazzymtb

it must be the preserve of 'mediocre' weight weenies, when you get really serious you're beyond needing one

LOL totally! or in my case long term weight weenie with a controlled budget so cost vs weight saving vs longevity vs pimpyness. I'm not going to ride a light bike if it looks gopping!

when you get really serious you make sure you have a big poo before a ride cos that looses some vital extra grams!

njee20
    Free Member

One big poo!?

Christ, I usually frequent the toilet about 4 times in the hour before a race.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Not in the slightest, I wish there was a red motion control knob I could retro-fit to my Rev's so they matched the rest of the red anodised bits on my frame.

I do rather "need" to throw some Extra Love on the Nicolai just to get more shiney red bits

tazzymtb

steve_b77 you do realise that if you talk nicely to the chaps at goldtec they can get yours anodised or make you a nice custom motion control knob in any color you want!

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=132&Name=Rock+Shock+levers

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Nicolai are great they'll pimp the frame to shit before you even get it.

mmmmmm metal flak powercaoting, I think I need kleenex 😈

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘bike tart – matching colours’ is closed to new replies.