Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bike style
  • wilburt
    Free Member

Is it possible to look good whilst wearing cycling specific clothing?

I’m think more the average slightly overweight middle age person rather than some young gun.

Pictures required as examples.(not cleavaged ladies))

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Personally, no.

My kids say I look like Daddy Pig in his puddle jumping costume and they are not far wrong to be fair.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good is how you define it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And to add, the general baggies and top is fairly casual if you want it to be. It’s still sports wear so purpose comes into it.

wilburt
    Free Member

Third post derailment, on it!!

plus-one

I think you can 😀

Either way I don’t give a toss what others think 😆

wilburt
    Free Member

Thats why we need pics, eye of the beholder and all that.

Stevet1
    Free Member

This thread has Biker fox written all over it

jekkyl

black, all black, as much black as possible with occasional blue is my take on the subject. & I mostly ride at night. make of that what you will. 🙂

jonnyboi

no, you can’t. You buy black gear because it hides dirt and mostly matches other black gear. You then pick what’s clean, put it on and go cycling.

Occasionally, when road cycling, you may have something with a bit of luminosity in it, so that a random clown trying to text and drive at the same time ‘might’ not kill you and only swipe you in the rectum with their wing mirror.

This obsession with wearing pastel shades of blue* and having a contrasting orange* helmet is a load of hippy, dippy, baloney that has even spread to the pages of single track. It’s the cycling equivalent of the hipster beard, ponytail and man bag.

*Other strange combinations are available and make you look equally like a plonker from the pages of MBUK.

funkmasterp

No, regardless of age or physique you’re going to be riding a bike and hopefully wearing a helmet. All helmets look silly.

scotroutes

Look, you can either wear any old shabby clothing, or become a proper fashion icon. Of the two in this photo, which would you rather be?

thomthumb
    Free Member

average slightly overweight middle age

no idea. 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

wilburt – Member

I’m think more the average slightly overweight middle age person

FTFY and judging by the like of Llandegla at the weekend, no.

jekkyl

guessing that’s you on the right Col, so who is the other? 😆

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I wear regular clothes on my town bike. My town bike goes nearly everywhere. My regular clothes and town bike both look rubbish anyway. I don’t much care what other people think, so just enjoy cycling in whatever. Solved!

If you get asscrackattack then simply wear bib tights under whatever, it keeps your back warm and saves the eyes behind you.

scotroutes

Oh – another regular (post-ban) STW poster.

From Edinburgh.

Who might, or might not, own a bike with two seats… 😆

tom200

Yes, but only when actually riding a bike.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What, like this…

Or this…

😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bike style’ is closed to new replies.