Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bike storage – need to hang bikes horizontally. Recommendations please!
  • winch
    Free Member

Due to the shape of the space we have to store bikes I’m looking for something like this…

This one looks to be of low quality though, anyone got something similar that’s working well for them?

bencooper
    Free Member

There’s a few posh versions of that – Google “bike shelf” – or there’s the Cycloc. I’ve got a few of them in orange going cheap if you want one.

hammyuk
    Free Member
    winch
    Free Member

I should have said that I need something to store just one bike, since it’ll be going in a corridor and can’t jut out too far.

Tracey

These from Decathlon can be cut down to fit one bike.

tonyd

My road bike has been on one of these for the last 5 years without issue. Does the job, and only £13!

mtbben
    Free Member

I bought a simlar one to what tonyd posted ^^^^. I got it for about £8 on ebay. It would be perfect for what you need as the arm fold up when not in use so wouldnt be a problem in your corridor.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these in the garage. It’s got Mrs PixelMix’s bike on it and hasn’t fallen down (yet!)

kcal

Fold out Minoura or similar ones – check the Edinburgh Bicycle site.

Too late — as above, as you were..

winch
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. People with the fold up one, is it long enough for a bike with wide bars? I have 750mm bars at the moment.

tonyd

I’d say so but can measure mine later if you’d like. I have a road bike hanging on it with 44cm bars, but it’s fixed to the wall between brick piers if you know what I mean. So while the bike is narrower than yours it hangs a lot further out from the wall than it would otherwise need to. If you see what I mean!

Liftman

You will need to turn the bars/wheel slightly but it will be fine

winch
    Free Member

Thanks all. Have just acquired some from Halfrauds. Now where did I leave my 10mm masonry bit?

leffeboy

If you have the height then the systems with a pulley to pull your bike up to the ceiling are nice. Only really works in older houses with high corridors but works well

pacerc200
    Free Member

Front wheel off, turn bars 90 degrees then hang wheel on on of the legs

rockymerlin
    Free Member

Buy angle iron and weld it together.

If you can’t weld use nuts and bolts.

This way you can customize it in any way shape and form.

You could even add hinges if you wished

winch
    Free Member

Good recommendation on the folding halfrauds bracket. Got them up in very little time and very pleased with them.

stufield
    Free Member
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bike storage – need to hang bikes horizontally. Recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.