• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by br.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike storage near Le Mans
  • oliverracing

So I’m currently putting together plans for a trip to Le Mans 24 this year and I’m looking at continuing on afterwards to the alps for a 3-4 week road trip touring good cycling/MTBing destinations throughout the northern alps/dolomites

But…

I have a kit car with no room to keep the bikes inside it, and I’d rather not have a few grands worth of bikes lying around in a Le Mans campsite! Does anyone know of any hotels or somewhere that I would be able to store the bikes at? I would of course be happy to pay as don’t want to have to come back to the UK between trips as all other kit will be quite similar between the trips and it would a 1000 mile roundtrip…

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Try this place, http://www.loirebandb.com/Pages/ENGLISH.aspx

We stayed there a couple of years ago for the motorbike GP and they have land / stabling etc so may well be able to sort something

br
    Free Member

I’d have thought any hotel within +25 miles would be full and even if they could take them, you’d need to take the risk that if they ‘disappeared’ you’re probably stuffed.

Why not try a car forum to see if anyone camping with a big van has space etc.

oliverracing

I don’t mind traveling a fair few miles for the right location as know the area is likely to be really busy!

Worse case scenario I take it apart and put it inside with a tarp over it, and then rely on other people for driving around but would be nice to be able to use the car while there!

legend
    Free Member

Surely you’ll be too drunk to use the car anyway?

oliverracing

Surely you’ll be too drunk to use the car anyway?

Haha maybe, but anyway we’re going out for the full week so food and supplies will be needed…

motivforz
    Free Member

What’s the kit? I’ve been down in a locost a couple of times, and may go this year in another kit.

I’ve been going the last few years, and would recommend the opposite – tie down the car for the weekend under a decent cover, immobilise it somehow, and cycle around. Parking is expensive, traffic is horrific. Take the biggest baddest locks you can and use them sensibly and you should be alright.

motivforz
    Free Member

Nevermind, I’ve just worked out you’re the chap with the GTM!

joefm

Take a more practical car? I do these days. Once I’m on the campsite the car doesn’t move. Traffic can be a right pain and forget friday.

oliverracing

Nevermind, I’ve just worked out you’re the chap with the GTM!

Yeah, while the security on it is basic, it’s also very easy to completely immobilize and has lockable doors so slightly better than a locost in terms of security and practicality!

Take a more practical car?

It is my only car so not got much choice there!

sonas55
    Free Member

do organizers offer any storage facilities to make sure your stuff is safe?

br
    Free Member

I’ve been going the last few years, and would recommend the opposite – tie down the car for the weekend under a decent cover, immobilise it somehow, and cycle around. Parking is expensive, traffic is horrific. Take the biggest baddest locks you can and use them sensibly and you should be alright.[/I]

+1

We went many years ago on motorbikes, did a full lap (outside the circuit) and went to each of the corners – ace, especially stood on the barriers on the Mulsanne with the Gendarme.

Just after here, same year too 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbms2ACS8TU

Anyone in a car just parks up, and they are where they are.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike storage near Le Mans’ is closed to new replies.