• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cjk.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike Storage (in a shed)
  • Mascy
    Free Member

Courtesty of the nice guys at Dunster House, I have a nice new 4m x 4m shed to use for workshop / bike storage duties. Currently trying to figure our how best to actually store the bikes inside.

Just need them to occupy as little space as possible yet be accessible. Mix of bikes makes it a little more tricky; my extra large road & mtb to the Mrs’ small versions of the same. My bmx, son Sam’s 12″ wheeled bike.

A friend has a similar shed & uses these….

Anyone have any suggestions?

DaveP

I store them vertically with a hook holding the front wheel in the air. To make it easier I mounted them at 45 deg to the walls.
    In a 12’x6′ shed I get about 10 bikes in. Mounting the front wheel hook myself allows me to tailor it to the size of the bike.

Tracey

Ours are stored vertically by these from Decathlon

They are mounted to the back wall of the garage at front axel hight

Stoner
    Free Member

these

in old shed:

in new shed

cjk

Stoner,

Just out of interest, what are the dimensions of your old and new sheds? I have a project of my won which will be 4.5 m x 2.4 m and wondering how much I will be able to fit in…

Cheers,

CJK

Stoner
    Free Member

old shed was something like 10’x9′ or 11’x10′, dont remember exactly.

new one is 3.5m x 3.7m. the wall above is probably 2.5m clear width (things to each side of the bikes)

5 is fine, couldnt fit 6 in.

cjk

Cheers Stoner,

That gives me some confidence in my new shed – it will be 12.84′ x 8.9′ – enough space for 6 bikes.

Thanks,

CJK

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike Storage (in a shed)’ is closed to new replies.