Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike storage in a really small shed?
  • krixmeister

I have a small shed – 120cm wide, 170cm tall (200cm at the small peak) – all externally measured sized. I need to fit four bicycles – a road bike, a 29er, and two kids MTBs – 24″ and 26″ wheels. Not sure about depth of the shed, but the road bike just fits with a few inches either end.

Right now the do all _just_ fit, by hanging the road bike on some rope, taking the front wheel off the 29er, and kind of jamming them all in. It’s not great, and bikes are getting scraped up.

Any thoughts on space-efficient bicycle storage? I was thinking maybe taking all the front wheels off and putting some sort of fork mounts on the rear wall? All the bikes are regularly used, so would prefer not to have to resort to turning the bars to fit them in with any solution, but may have to.

iolo
    Free Member

Get a bigger shed.

krixmeister

Haha – for various reasons a bigger shed, and inside storage, are both not options.

TheBrick
    Free Member

How does the door open. I have a small ahead (old coal bunker style) and was thinking of opening one side up so the long side opens like a wardrobe with double doors so there needs to be no walkway. All bikes to be hung from front wheels as high as possible leaving room on the floor for other items and maybe a shelve.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get another shed.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

takes seconds to turn the bars and makes loads of room

thestabiliser
    Free Member

What am I saying? Get a bigger ‘kin shed, man! Move house if necessary.

oldnpastit

The kids are going to want more, bigger bikes sooner than you think, so you’re going to need a bigger shed….

welshfarmer

I think the brick has it. Remove one side wall and replace with sliding doors like on a wardrobe, hang the 4 bikes from front wheel on hooks up in the roof so they are sideways on to the old door (if that makes sense.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike storage in a really small shed?’ is closed to new replies.