Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike storage
  • bellys
    Free Member

Are these any good http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/detail.php?pro_code=BL3 how strong are they.

Thanks

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Surely for that money you could buy a shed, a ground anchor and some serious locks?

spooky_b329

Cheap Shed: £150
    Almax Chain: £120
    Ground Anchor: £40

Not much in it…I’d go for the Asgard if you get some favourable reviews. Much easier with one key than clambering about in a small shed trying to thread two metres of chain through your frames and knocking all the paint off in the process 🙂 In the dark. When your late.

takisawa2

Does look good if you can’t get away with / don’t want a shed for whatever reason.
    Shed would give you a tinkering / man cave bolt hole though. I know what I’d sooner have.
    At 99 kg it does sound robust though.

redwoods
    Free Member

One of the cottages we stayed at near Afan once had them as their secure bike storage in the garden, and they seemed like pretty solid, secure pieces of kit.

Some interesting personal reviews here, including two different people whose houses were burgled, but couldn’t get into the bike stores at all and the contents were untouched!

PiknMix
    Free Member

I was about to buy one of these but they are tiny, with a growing collection of bikes I would have needed the motorcycle store one! in the end a hand built security shed with concrete base ground anchors etc worked out cheaper for the square footage.

Doesnt look like there is something valuable in it either which was another off-putting thing for a metal shed.

br
    Free Member

If someone really wants to steal something, they will. But one of those steel ‘boxes’ will stop 99.99% of the others – go as big as you can though.

bellys
    Free Member

Thanks chaps iv got an 8×6 shed with alarm wired to the house but they just smashed there way in. To get the bike out and this was with the alarm going off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike storage’ is closed to new replies.