Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike stolen- What Replacement Bike?
  • mase

Hi

What do I replace my stolen Whyte T120 2011 with? I loved the Whyte, completely awesome, something different and British.

Do I replace it with with the 2012 T120. I’m sure I would be more than happy or do I go for something different? British would be good.

Being considered are: Whyte T120 & 146, Orange Five, Mondraker Foxy, Norco Site, or a custom build….

Suggestions please. 120-140 travel all round trail bike £2-£3k. A bit of personality/attitude wou be good.

Thanks

bm0p700f
    Free Member

Custom build is the way to go. I will never buy a stock build bike as there is something on the spec of nearly every off the self bike that I would change.

mase

Any other ideas? Ventana El Ciclon?

ajr
    Free Member

The Ventana El Ciclon is a superb choice.

jonnyrockymountain

I think the new norco sight 2 looks good and the spec for 2.5k looks very good

mase

AJR…..have you ridden the new El Ciclon? If so what do you think?

Jonny, I really like the look of the Norco too. But….it is only available through Evans which puts me off.

Hadge
    Free Member

2011 Turner 5 Spot frame from Merlin and then spec it with your choice of parts. I reckon it’ll come out under £3k and you’ll have a stunning bike.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cotic Rocket has to be on the shortlist

mase

Turner and Cotic both tempting…..especially the Cotic (might be a tad over gunned though?).

flowerpower
    Free Member

Not british, but how about a Pivot Mach 5.7? is that too much travel?

Had a test ride recently and loved it, didn’t ride like a 6″travel bike, but the suspension seems to kick in when you need it.

Ok – so it maybe doesn’t fit any of your criteria 😳 but it is a great bike…

ajr
    Free Member

As I am the importer of Ventana I think it may seem biased if I give you a rave reveiw. The 2012 frame has been reveiwed by What Mountain Bike and is on the Bikeradar site.

mase

The Pivot, i’m not sure. Looks a great bike, but I prefer a slightly longer and lower geometry.

AJR, what is the weight of the El Ciclon medium frame? I really like the look of the bike, it is different! BUT, do you lose standover with the upward curved top tube…….important as I have short legs but a relatively long torsoe.

More run of the mill…..Zesty anyone?

ajr
    Free Member

Was it you who emailed me with those questions ?

godzilla
    Free Member

Cotic rocket is I lush ride. I would have one of them.

mase

AJR…..yes…..the mist clears…..yes it would have been me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike stolen- What Replacement Bike?’ is closed to new replies.