Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bike stolen today at K2 Crawley
  • YoGrant
    Free Member

Any help appreciated. My boys Niner air 9 scandium (silver), xt 1×10 RS sids in white, fulcrum xl wheels. My lad locked outside with a cannondale trail of his mates. Both stolen whilst they were competing in town sports competition. He’s just raised a grand for cancer research doing a Triathlon on this and is doing London to Brighton on Saturday with me (thankfully on a road bike) so this is a bit of a kick in the nuts. Bunch of See you next tuesdays.

yoeddygrant@hotmail.co.uk

wwaswas

Gits.

Hope it turns up.

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

do you have a picture of the bike?

YoGrant
    Free Member

Yeah! Was about to sell it as he’s outgrown it so have a few pics! Will put some pics out to the rozzers. It’s basically a silver Niner with white Forks and black other bits.

Stupid bugger locked it with his mates cannondale using their shitty cable lock instead if the big D lock I bought him. Tit!

belugabob
    Free Member

Sadly, the D Lock probably wouldn’t have worked either.
    My commuter hybrid was stolen from Crawley station the very first time that I left it there (with a DLock)

You can imagine how annoyed I was, after getting off the train, feeling smug because I wasn’t going to just miss the bus then wait ages for the next one.

After that, I used to take my bike on the train with me. I stopped working in London before the trains with guards vans were retired, so never had to work out an alternative.

The only real solution is to never leave your bike unattended, but that’s not always possible, if you have to use your bike to travel to places like sports centres.

I will keep my eyes peeled – if I see anybody with it, they may find out out how heavy I am.

Scum!

riddoch

Are you insured, if through house insurance as long as it was locked at all you should be fine.
    Don’t suppose K2 have any security cameras overlooking the bike racks.

sb
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, there’s a Thursday night ride nearby in Tilgate forest and I’ve started parking my van in the busy huts carparks as the two free carparks are often full of dodgy stoned kids parked right next to my van when the car park is totally empty…..
    Little shits.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. Amazingly the police have arrested someone based on the cctv footage and some photos. The thief went back up there again later today!

Hoping we might recover the bikes if they’ve not been moved on already!

cyclistm
    Free Member

That sounds like it could be a result.

If the bike doesn’t get recovered set up a just giving page, sounds like your lad deserves something after raising so much for charity.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Released pending investigation. Bugger all chance of getting it back now.

Know the blokes name, got his street address and mobile number off social media. Wife has spoke to his mum who he lives with. Trying to talk him into giving up where it’s gone. So want to go round his house and give him a kicking. But unfortunately my career down the pan should I do that.

Any ideas?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Pay someone else to give him a kicking..

Bait him with another bike and catch the f@cker in the act!

YoGrant
    Free Member

Baiting good. Won’t get the bike back but might get him nicked again.

Beating considered too….

Goldigger
    Free Member

Bait him…leave the bike where you think he will Nick it. You need to film it from somewhere he can’t see you.
    You then need a mate ready to jump on him before he rides off with your bike.
    Stop filming before you jump on him.
    Be sure to publicly humiliate him..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bike stolen today at K2 Crawley’ is closed to new replies.