Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike stolen – Shere / Albury Surrey
  • dday

Hi all

My Transition Bandit 29er (2012) green, fox 34, xt brakes, Stans flow rear rim, from rim sticker-less) reverb dropper, 1×10 drivechain.

Nicked today around 11am. If anybody sees anything online – please let me know. Outhouse door kicked in. Police report opened. Gutted 🙁

dday

I thought I would share advice from local police. It seems that there are a group of ‘spotters’ under the guise of delivery / couriers, who then target specific high end bikes, then they just do a smash and grab. My bike was taken from my workshop. They just kicked the door in. Took nothing else of any value – including another older bike, go pro, some expensive bike lights that were charging on the work bench. All this happened while I was out of the house for 2 hours (I work from home).

Just a heads up for you all. From now on, we will have any deliveries dropped at our local post office.

mattjg
    Free Member

Sorry to hear. Don’t give up on recovery, watch gumtree, eBay etc. It’s worked before.

Were the cops suggesting couriers delivering bike parts may have made a link?

I would think the data on who ordered what to where would be obtainable from many sources.

xcgb
    Free Member

Ah rollocks thats near me (Gomshall) Will put the word out but I expect its miles away now. 🙁

xcgb
    Free Member

I thought I would share advice from local police. It seems that there are a group of ‘spotters’ under the guise of delivery / couriers

This happened to a neighbour, he wondered why the courier van needed 3 blokes……. then his garage was broken into, they seem to be targeting Builders/gardeners tools and bikes

benp1

How would they know what’s inside the garage/workshop/shed though?
    Presumably that would be closed when they knock on the front door?

I usually have stuff delivered to work. But if they come to my house they’ll only see a closed garage

Sorry to hear that OP

akira

Any info on which couriers? Got few things ordered at the moment and not too far away.

neilwheel
    Free Member

These thieves are using the courier role as a cover.

It gives them a ‘legitimate’ reason to be on your property and they can poke around looking for a safe place to leave a parcel. If they get challenged they can just bluff that they got the wrong address.

Sorry to hear about your bike OP, hope you find it.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Sorry to hear dday, if you have a pic can you post it will spread the word amongst the group here to keep an eye out.

akira

Guess if anyone is aware of someone then try and take a pic. If they know they’ve been rumbled then it might deter them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike stolen – Shere / Albury Surrey’ is closed to new replies.