Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Bike stolen in Plymouth
  • bgd
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    Had my bike stolen from my garage last night in Tamerton Foliot near Plymouth. It was locked to another bike with a motor bike lock and chain. Both lock and chain have gone with my bike but the other bike was left.
    Could you keep an eye out for a dark grey Santa Cruz 5010cc with Rock Shox Pikes (only fitted last night!).
    Rest of spec includes:
    Sram Guide Ultimate brakes
    Shimano XT 11 speed
    KS Lev seat post
    Hope tech wheels.

Trying to report this on 101 but keep getting told to fill in an online form.
    Cheers

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I’ve shared this with a few other local fellers on a WhatsApp group I’m part of.

Hope you get it back mate!

zelak999
    Free Member

Just shared this on the Yogi MTB FB page.
    Hope you get it back matey.

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I’ve put it on every Facebook page I can think of also.
    Will post a pic later

deadkenny
    Free Member

Trying to report this on 101 but keep getting told to fill in an online form.

They’ll have zero interest in it. There’s almost no chance of nicking someone for it or successfully prosecuting anyone. Persist with reporting though as it will affect their crime stats.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Gutted for you.
    I’ll spread the word with all the riders here at the Silverfish office.

Out of interest, how did they access the garage?
    I got a done a few years ago in Plympton. They basically sliced through the up and over door. Just wondering if it was the same method?

Also..

They’ll have zero interest in it.

They were great when I reported it. Came out, inspected the premises, took full bike details, they even wanted to test for finger prints but as it had been lashing with rain they couldn’t.

bgd
    Free Member

They came in through the side gate and then the side door of the garage which is right next to our back door. They must have been super quiet as we were up a lot with a poorly little one and also two dogs that didn’t even twitch.

deadkenny
    Free Member

They were great when I reported it. Came out, inspected the premises, took full bike details, they even wanted to test for finger prints but as it had been lashing with rain they couldn’t.

Wow, often they won’t bother coming out. Didn’t when my shed got broken into. Just took details and I got sent a leaflet about victim support. That was the end of it.

crazyjenkins01

Bugger, that aint far from me 🙁

Sorry to hear, hope it turns up sharpish!

bgd
    Free Member

Last pic of the bike.
    [/url]Untitled by David Cole, on Flickr[/img]

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Shared with a dock yard group on WhatsApp

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks again all

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

@Genesis What is this Dockyard group? I’m in there too but wasn’t aware of any cycling groups.

Cheers

ravingdave

Sorry to hear that mate, I’m in Plymouth and I’ll keep an eye and ear out for it. Hope the police can be of help

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I’m just up the road so will keep ’em peeled.

Is the garage just attached to the house or is there internal access between garage and house? Because if there is I believe the law is a bit different and you can report it as burglary rather than theft. Please don’t quote me on it but it’s worth looking into in case it can be used to make the po po do something meaningful.

Del

not being funny but what will make your bike stand out?
    what grips/saddle/tyres. is that a bottle cage? side entry or top?
    someone could ride past me on your bike tomorrow and i wouldn’t know at this point.

bgd
    Free Member

It did have a life line bottle cage, ODI Rogue (or Ruffian grips), slightly tatty Charge Spoon saddle. Frame was Invisiframed. There would have been Garmin and Exposure mounts on the bars. Maxxis Shorty front and DHR2 rear.

The garage is detached from the house, only separated by a narrow walkway. The police did ask if they gained access through the house and when I said no thats when they seemed to lose interest.

bikesian65
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that – I am just up the road from you so will keep eyes peeled ( another dockyardy !)

tdog
    Free Member

I too am just up road so will keep my peepers alert.
    Have you a crime ref:?

bgd
    Free Member

I have. Just waiting now to see what the insurance company coffee up with.

tdog
    Free Member

So! you should still postup a crime ref surely, that’s if you actually want a chance of having your bike back.

(Or ignore me as I’m right pissed off at the moment)

Just trying to help out

bgd
    Free Member

Sorry tdog, I’m a bit new to all this (also not in the best of moods) and didn’t realise a crime ref would be any use to anyone. Ref is 103848/17.
    Thanks again to everyone for help and support.

edlong
    Free Member

+1 confused as to why a third party needs your crime reference number?

tdog
    Free Member

As if someone local sees this exact bike pictured then one could phone to report sighting of stolen bike using the crime ref.

Ya never know, it might just help get you your pride and joy back.

dougieb
    Free Member

I’m guessing retail the bike is worth somewhere in the region of 5K. If you had a 5 grand car stolen from your drive the police would be out taking details etc. Why should it be any different for a high-end bike. It’s effectively a signal to the lowlife that commit these crimes to keep on thieving. People work hard to afford these items, the least the police could do is treat it like any other high-value theft. Makes my blood boil.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Bike stolen in Plymouth’ is closed to new replies.