Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bike Stolen – Ecclesall road area Sheffield
  • simonm
    Free Member

Good mate of mine Dave had his bike nicked last night, scrotes kicked his back door in at 4:00am in the morning and stole it from his kitchen… WHILE HE SLEPT….. what a great country we live in !

If you could keep your eyes peeled for it, cheers.

Its an Orange 08 Santa Cruz Heckler – Medium frame – chainstays worn,.
    Hope V2's, Hope hoops, Talas 36 forks, Thomson stem, distinctive middleburn chainset.

cheers.

sq225917
    Free Member

will do.

cp

that should stand out pretty well – will keep my eyes peeled. does he have serial number info etc..? keep an eye on all the obvious places – ebay etc… i assume whoever nicked it knew it was stored in the house/kitchen 🙁

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Peak area will be scrutinised si. Thats shit news, is dave the lad who cut his face in wharncliffe a few years ago?
    Hows the bambino btw? Ours is due in 5 weeks!!

rob j

simonm
    Free Member

yeh Rob, thats the guy.. looks like he wasnt insured, was pretty confident that locked in the house was safe…

Yeh, Daughter is fine.. a lot of fun now she's 6months old.. good luck with yours, get plenty of rest !

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

bastids

yep i'll keep my eyes peeled around the moor area.

simonm
    Free Member

Cheers, the really worrying thing here was kicking the door in while he was asleep upstairs…..sounds like there was a car waiting outside.. amazes me that they could get a fully built bike into a car so quickly aswell.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

could have been a van/estate – makes it a 2 second job. any cctv coverage near him? maybe they could spot a bike in the back of a car? although its probably a long shot

simonm
    Free Member

maybe at the school next door ? do schools have CCTV ? Doctors at end of road ?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i thought eccy road had some proper CCTV masts, maybe im wrong? worth trying the school and docs though, you never know your luck!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

saturday AM BUMP – contacted the bike shops i assume?

simonm
    Free Member

yeh, Je / Langset, 18 etc. Ta.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I'll keep an eye out in crookes, I keep my bikes in the house it always worries me when people turn up to the house ie salesman etc. Thats why i sleep with a hammer under the bed!!

Pieface

Hammer under the bed a bad idea – When you cave the scrotes head in whats the excuse for having a hammer?

Basically to not get done for murder, your weapon needs to be something you could reasonably explain as having been 'the nearest thing to hand'. A Maglite is much better. I use the maglite to look in the cupboard under the stairs as theres no light. If it just so happens to be the first thing I pick up then I have a reasonable excuse.

Therefore if you have the hammer, make sure you have some nails and a spare picture next to your bed. Then you can say it had been left there as you'd never got round to hanging that picture.

With golf clubs – keep a putting machine at the other end of your bedroom and some balls next to the bed – a bit of late night putting practise helps you relax.

And the machete / chain saw / axe ? – Sorry, thats up to you to work out

Skyliner
    Free Member

simonm can you tell me more about the cranks, I just bought some on the bay which were xt and middleburn.

simonm
    Free Member

They were XT with Middleburn rings, all three, grey. I guess there pretty worn. Can't really say much more about them, there in the pic at the top.

simonm
    Free Member

a week and no news…looks like its long gone 🙁

JohnnyPanic

It probably is. Broken up and sold for parts would be my guess. I had a couple stolen from Totley at the end of May. One of them was datatagged and registered with BikeRegister – no sign yet and probably gone forever, mine was from a poorly defended garage so partly my fault. Seems to be a lot of it around.

Your mate needs to start thinking bolts, chains & ground or wall anchor(not some £20 special from B&Q but something decent from a motorbike shop) and maybe an alarm. (Possibly also something involving the mains though I wouldn't advocate that of course). Makes my blood boil.

stevedavid
    Free Member

it all brings it back. i had my whyte 46 nicked about 3months ago abnd am still cross about also had my cotic road rat nicked in manchester last year. my whyte was in the garage locked up! but to break into your house it really pisses me off.

i hope you find it i will put the word out.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bike Stolen – Ecclesall road area Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.