Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Bike stolen and punched!
  • pingu66
    Free Member

Specialized Epic Expert Carbon 2012 nicked today about 3.30pm Liverpool loop line. Standard spec but with a Fizik saddle.

Bit embarassing as got punched as I rode past 3 young gentlemen whereupon recovering myself off my arse observed them riding away, unfortunately on my bike. Sore back and leg.

Police are treating it as a robbery now and although insured with protect my bubble uncertain if getting robbed is covered. Might be burst my bubble.

Gutted and really really pissed off.

Not got a pic but here is what is used to look like last time I saw it! (Similar bike from MTBR)

ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!! Can[t even go and get drunk as driving tomorrow.

timidwheeler
    Free Member

That sucks mate. Really feel for you. Hope your insurance pays out.

Tom83

Jesus! Any CCTV etc?

rickon
    Free Member

From the gadget insurance for PmB, you really need to check your Policy Schedule and Exclusions. But you would have been covered if it were a mobile….

Theft-the unlawful taking of your gadget
    against your will by another party, by reason of
    burglary through forcible entry or robbery

WHAT YOUR POLICY COVERS YOU FOR

B. Theft
    If your gadget is stolen we will replace it. Where
    only part or parts of your gadget have been stolen,
    we will only replace that part or parts.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez get leathered fella, you’l be OK in the morning.

rickon
    Free Member

And…

from the Bicycle insurance:

What is covered under the Bicycle policy?

If you take our Everyday cover:
    -Theft

You’re covered then 🙂

hautgrimpeur
    Free Member

That is awful, feel for you! Nothing you could have done faced with three scallies if they wanted your bike though. Hope there is a good outcome.

pingu66
    Free Member

Well I wasn’t thinking of the “nothing Icould have done” just can’t run in cleats helmet and camelbak as fast as someone half my age on a bike, so yeah could have been worse I guess, might of got an arse kicking as well.

@rickon thanks mate

jamj1974

Don’t get leathered!

loddrik
    Free Member

Bloody hell mate, I’m on the loop line all the time, though on the commuter, certainly wouldn’t take the Ellsworth up there. Where did it happen? Through the Norris green section I’ll bet…

I’ll keep my eyes open and be straight on phone to police should I see it, though I’m sure it’ll have been moved on by now.

asterix
    Free Member

Sounds bad and like more than just robbery. Assault/ mugging etc. hope plod takes it seriously

crapjumper
    Free Member

bloody hell mate bad luck . at least you’re safe . whereabouts on the loop line was it because i was on it on sunday and there were plenty of scallies between aintree and speke .

pingu66
    Free Member

Thanks guys yeah well I am not a little guy so you think it won’t happen but when it does its quick.

Plod in Cheshire said call Merseyside, Merseyside gave me a ref and got a ref from Cheshire. Sent me back to the Cheshire police station and sent two CID over so yeah Merseyside seem to be taking it serious. Treating it as robbery assualt, I just thought nicked bike.

@lodrik & crapjumper I used to live in Nogsy and was on there all the time, now up in Widnes, it was more Huyton Bellvale way.

crapjumper
    Free Member

Hope these gobshites have an unfortunate accident with a speeding bus or wagon !

timc
    Free Member

bad news that mate, will keep eyes peeled up our end

takisawa2

Glad your ok chap. Shite thing to happen, but its just a bike at the end of the day. Chin up etc. 😉

kristoff
    Free Member

really sorry to hear that, hope if nothing else your insurance covers your loss.

there are some real muppets around unfortunately (polite terminology).

racefaceec90

i have nothing constructive to add,just glad you’re ok.i hope you get your bike back (and they get the long arm of the law round their necks!)

Drillski
    Free Member

With any luck they’ll use the proceeds to buy a bag of crack that’s been cut with rat poison!

cinnamon_girl

😯

That is shocking and really do hope that you get it back soon. What a horrible thing to happen.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

That really sucks I hope your bike gets recovered and justice served.

Cougar

Jesus.

I live in fear of something like this happening to me or to my OH. I’m reasonably happy that they’re secure at home (they’re in the house and secured with a motorcycle chain), but with a gang of lads whilst out on my own I’d have buckley’s.

If they do catch the thieves I’d want to be pressing for assault charges, never mind robbery.

cinnamon_girl

I remember somebody had a Yeti stolen in Lords Wood after they’d just finished fixing a puncture. 😯

Does anyone remember what the outcome was?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Can see this type of thing happening more and more regularly in future I’m afraid. Why would someone mug you for a mobile phone when they can mug you for a 4k bike. And the likelyhood is you’ll be miles from anywhere and anyone when it happens… so nowt you can do.

Lets hoping that the bike doesn’t get returned… as its been run over by a truck..with the thieving little c**t still attached to it.

dirtydog
    Free Member

I use that section quite a lot will keep my eyes peeled, sadly it doesn’t come as a surprise.

Where exactly did it happen, was it between Belle Vale and Gateacre Village, Belle Vale and Childwall Valley or Gateacre Village and Halewood?

P.S Nothing embarrasing about it, it could have happened to anyone, not much you can do if you weren’t expecting it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Jeez that’s bad.

Been there too though; when I first started riding a friend and I were basically mugged in Burnham Beeches fir our bikes. I was at the top of a bomb hole and this scrote came out of no where, pushed me off the bike and was gone. My mate was at the bottom, guy came running from behind a bush and shoved him off his bike. Same thing happened to me at uni, when my BMX was borrowed…riding back to the bike sheds on campus, my mates were slightly ahead, riding passed a massive bush on the campus and out of nowhere I’m shoved off the bike and the guy was gone. Just wished I’d ignored the no bikes in the dorms rule!

Don’t feel embarrassed; the surprise renders you useless. It’s also only a bike, so not worth getting beaten up or worse.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Terrible news mate.

When you get a replacement, let us know, we’ll go for a mugger spotting ride with some bombers. 😀

robarnold
    Free Member

asterix – Member
    Sounds bad and like more than just robbery. Assault/ mugging etc. hope plod takes it seriously

Section 8 of the Theft Act 1968 “a person is guilty of robbery if he steals, and immediately before or at the time of doing so, and in order to do so, he uses force on any person or puts or seeks to put any person in fear of being then and there subjected to force.”

On a sale of offences Robbery pretty much is the top of the tree, carries a maximum sentence of life in prison. It’s the technical name for a mugging and is usually investigated pretty well (it is where I Police, anyway), especially when the item stolen is of such high value and an assault has actually taken place (rather than just a threat).

Hope they catch the toe rags

onehundredthidiot

Use of CID would indicate they re taking it seriously.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

What is this world coming too? Good luck with getting it back/replaced and the scrotes being caught.

pingu66
    Free Member

Well the good news is it looks like its covered just got to fill out all the paper work wait for the police to disclose whatever they find, hopefully my bike, to the insurers etc etc. Probably 6-8 weeks of messing around.

Bad news my arse and leg are bloody sore.

Just want to say thanks for all the advice and support, it does make me feel less of knob.

asterix
    Free Member

@robarnold – thanks, you are obviously better informed than me!

njee20
    Free Member

I remember somebody had a Yeti stolen in Lords Wood after they’d just finished fixing a puncture.
    Does anyone remember what the outcome was?

Dunno about that, but a friend had his (my old) Titus stolen off him in Lordswood, never saw it again.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

bad luck pingu– glad you ok– them people always get caught, maybe not this time, but they will !

cinnamon_girl

Dunno about that, but a friend had his (my old) Titus stolen off him in Lordswood, never saw it again.

I could be wrong about the bike but remember that a bloke had just fixed a puncture and was putting his pump back or something when some bloke walked off with it. It was reported on here.

Do you think it was yours then njee? You just don’t expect these things to happen do you? Horrible.

cinnamon_girl

pingu – what was the reaction of the Police? Had anything like that happened before in the area?

aarron2013
    Free Member

Absolutely dispise thugs like that, glad to hear you are alright though mat. Really do not like bike thieves but to be violent with it…..arseoles!

Anyway good news on the insurance front bud.

-Ronnie

pingu66
    Free Member

@cinnamon girl – I live in Cheshire now and went to the local station who tried to get me to report it Merseyside. When I called Merseyside they were great and logged it with themselves and Cheshire and said go back the station and that they should have took the report. Merseyside also sent two CID over and said they had patrols looking for it. Merseyside 10/10. Cheshire – could do better.

As for has anything like that happened in the area before, you obviously do not know the area, it is rough and yes I can say that as I used to live there but it is as is always the case a minority, but you never think it will happen to you and I am not a small guy so obviously didnt think it would happen to me.

yes I know lesson learned I am an idiot.

enfht
    Free Member

You are not an idiot, you were just unlucky could have happened to anyone. Hope the scrotes get what’s coming to them.

badnewz
    Free Member

This is getting more common. Not only because of the value of the bikes, but because of the weak sentences this type of crime carries. The police tend to do a good job trying to track them down though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Bike stolen and punched!’ is closed to new replies.