Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike stolen
  • carbonfiend
    Free Member

Hi my mates bike was stolen last night from a garage in red house lane westbury in Bristol. It’s a Trek carbon superfly with full XX1 group set & Sram carbon rise 60 wheels Magura Marta brakes & Fox F100 forks. He had been to cwmcarn that afternoon I& thinks he might have been followed back. The garage was smashed open it had 8 other bikes in all pretty decent inc his OCLV Trek road bike but the superfly was the only bike stolen. Stating the obvious to say he is devastated so any help/eyes out would be well appreciated here is a photo from when he first picked it up minus seat post & stem.

image by carbonfiend, on Flickr

Hope the pic uploads !

hora
    Free Member

Flame me but he left that in a garage?!

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Yeah poor decision but just one of those things he was away from home visiting relatives etc & let it slide

wookie
    Free Member

I apreciate youve put the address on so people know where it was stolen from but seems a bit mad to tell other thieving asshats where to go to steal the other 7 bikes.

Hope he has some luck getting it back though.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. The common theme running through most of the thefts of good MTB bikes in the Bristol area is that they get to know where they are kept by following, forums and pictures etc. tell your mate to just check that he hasn’t inadvertently advertised the bike and it’s location. It’s also why I always drive with the bike in the boot.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

He isn’t from Bristol (London based) doesn’t do forums & that was his first night there he says remembers a van driving slowly behind him after leaving cwmcarn for a considerable distance thought nothing of it at the time ?
    TBH I think it’s just a random garage break in seen that’s the best looking bike & rode off on it

wordnumb
    Free Member

It’d be worth sending the photo and details to http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com , if you / he haven’t already.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Cheers will tell him

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yup could be if you believe in coincidence? They broke in and stole one bike? Doesn’t sound like a coincidence to me. Being followed sounds like they way the knew where the bike was. Waited for their moment and broke in? Random theft would have likely taken several other bikes? Still not nice.

njee20
    Free Member

Flame me but he left that in a garage?!

🙄

People often leave cars outside too – they’re generally worth more than a bike. We balance risk and convenience/common sense.

Bad news to the OP.

fieldy
    Free Member

Had two of ours stolen from my garage last week. They were pretty determined to take what they came for! I did have mine advertised on Ebay, STW and Pinkbike. No-one asked to come and view and our address wasn’t given.

They broke through a double locked door, took three bikes which were locked together, through a single door into the garden and used my tools to get through the lock. Also had my 9″ bladed screwdriver and a pair of stillsons, which we think were taken for their protection should they have been disturbed, these were left with the third bike in my garden. They took some other components and bits and bats, but really knew which bikes held all the value.

It’s a terrible situation to be in, as everyone is now a suspect!!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Njee20 +1.

Not very helpful Hora, as ever.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike stolen’ is closed to new replies.