• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • bike stand
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

looking for something to hold the bike upright while i tinker/wash it etc. not after a proper heavy duty mechanics one that clamps to the seat post or owt, but id like it to suspend the back wheel so i can turn the pedals if poss. just after something dead cheap or ideas on how i can fathom something out of bits and bobs from the shed? Mrs giving me grief with all the mud sprayed up against the wall and over the flags.

ebay has a few of these Draper ones, which are about £20 delivered. anybody got one, any good?

sv

Andystand, or if you have access to a pipe bender DIY.

superdan

At DH races a few people have a setup that looks like a rail between two a-frames like this: /\-/\ with the rail just high enough to hang the nose of the saddle on.

I use the back wheel stands to hold bikes up in the garage, and apply lube by backpedalling.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What BB/cranks do you have – can you use one of those AndyStand thingies?

http://www.firthcycles.com/workshop+maintainance/workstands/andy-stand-bike-stand.ANSTWH001

otherwise I have a version of this, which is good for washing the bike:

http://www.topeak.com/products/Repair-Stands/Ride-UpStand

for the other stand types you need to clamp the seattube as otherwise you may damage the frame.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Andystand! looks just the job. bit pricey tho and there are none on ebay. gonna attempt to make one of them rail jobs i reckon?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

fear not pilgrims, i took a hammer and saw to an old bbq. bit of pipe insulation, a lick of paint – and bashed out this beauty! 🙂

DickBarton

You got a working bike from an old BBQ? Christ on a bike…you are good!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i even added some cleaning products to the shelf in the interests of photography! 8)

FOG

Don’t buy the Edinburgh coop one which looks tempting at £20. They last about 5 mins before the welds break.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘bike stand’ is closed to new replies.