Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bike Soup .co.uk – experiences?
  • Swalsey
    Free Member

Hello,

Having just found this (in MBR!) I wondered if anybody has used Bike Soup to buy or sell? It could be a winner over eBay!

http://www.bikesoup.co.uk/

Antony

backhander
    Free Member

Mainly just a load of shops. Shame it’s gone the same way as fleabay.

wwaswas

I sold my wife’s bike through there after trying for a long time on here – seemed to do what it said on the tin.

I agree it’s got a lot of independent bike shops on it but that’s not a bad thing?

Bikesoup
    Free Member

Greetings! And thanks for comments……

@wwaswas – great to hear about selling success stories on Bikesoup. Thankyou.

We launched the Bikesoup.co.uk on 27th September 2010 & targeted private sellers initially with free listings vouchers – this was bike community specific via forums (STW, Road.cc, BikeRadar, Retrobike etc..) & blogs. Our dealer portal went live on the 1st December 2010 & we now have 53 dealers who have subscribed to use Bikesoup & whose bikes make up about 65% of the adverts.

We’ll be launching our Frames, Parts & Accessories arms in the next few weeks giving sellers a much cheaper option to selling on ebay.

Now that we are back from the London Bike Show we will be focusing our marketing & PR efforts towards more general bike users & commuters via lifestyle publications & the national press. All activity is with a view to increasing bike numbers on the site & increasing traffic.

There are virtually no quality independent bike dealers who use ebay to market their product on a continual basis, as it’s too expensive. Working in partnership with the Asssociation of Cycle Traders 1500 member shops we are committed to helping the smaller dealers compete with the industry big boys.

Being bike specific, hopefully our search tools make it a lot easier to find a suitable bike than ebay…….

Please drop me a line if anyone has any further queries – aa@bikesoup.co.uk.

Cheers,

Antony

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bike Soup .co.uk – experiences?’ is closed to new replies.