Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Bike sizing, too small? PHOTO
  • clubber
    Free Member

Thanks KT – I knew I could count on you 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

This thread is confirming to me that people care more about how their bike looks than how it rides.

What, youv’e only just realised!

hainman
    Free Member

what about a L or XL genesis bike,i had the 20 or 20.5 i think core at 5.11 and it was pretty big,i had litteraly mm’s of clearance on my standover.plus there a great bike for all you need riding….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    montarius
    Free Member

I dont want a new bike to look good, my bike feels too small and I feel that its holding me back. Think I will stick with the 26″ wheels and ensure I get the right frame. Not interested in getting a 29er just to make me look in proportion.

Thanks for that link, will run through it now and compare with the nerve xc measurements.

pjm84
    Free Member

I’ve ridden my mates 21in Trek FS 29er and its less stretched then my Trek Top Fuel 21.5in. Riding position is more “in” the bike then “on” the bike.

The 29er is a very different ride.

clubber
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member

What, youv’e only just realised!

I’ve suspected for a long time but the way that a 29er is given as the must have choice for anyone over 6′ without any real justification other than “it’ll look right” is getting silly now.

clubber
    Free Member

Montarius – if it’s any help, I’m 6’5″ 35″ inside leg and currently ride a 20″ inbred (110mm stem) an XL Swift 29er (90mm stem), both of which are very close in terms of position as the Swift has a longer top tube than the inbred. Saddle height 81cm from centre of BB to top of saddle measured along the seat tube (175mm cranks)

montarius
    Free Member

Just took a look at the canyon nerve xc (XL) standover hight. With my inseam (35″), it comes to a 1.5inch clearance. Is that going to be too close for comfort? I guess my inseam is calaculated barefoot though..

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Bike sizing, too small? PHOTO’ is closed to new replies.