Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bike sizing, road bike
  • pegasus
    Free Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good frame-sizing calculator. I'm a good 6'1", long in the leg. I'm looking at a new Basso Astra and want to get the sizing spot-on. Had a test ride on a 54cm today and it was obviously too small, especially when out of the saddle. But, mon dieu, quelle velo!!

the_prophet
    Free Member

all sizing across the different manufacturers differs slightly so you may need get a try on one some how, but this one's pretty good.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

I'm 6ft 1, 32 inch legs and monkey arms and I ride a large Giant Defy with a 110mm stem. Pretty irrelavant though to be honest.

Edric64
    Free Member

You need to try lots out but you are probably looking in the 58/60cm range of sizes

Ed2001
    Free Member

Surely the bike shop you are buying it from should help you get the right size?

carlosg
    Free Member

try them for reach and make sure there's at least 1 1/2" gap when stood over the top tube.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I'm 6'2" and ride roadbikes with 57ish toptubes.. and just to confuse that a bit, i've ridden bikes from 56 to 63 and they all felt right.
    Only one true way to tell is to ride one.

fisha
    Free Member

I'm a smidgen over 6ft and 58cm frames are a good fit for me generally. You can change the reach easily with stems too. The difference of 10mm in stem length makes a masssive difference on my road bikes I find.

so 58 to 60cm is definitely the ball park area you should be looking at.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bike sizing, road bike’ is closed to new replies.