Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bike shops/things to do around London Victoria
  • fenred
    Free Member

Passport office visit tomorrow for sameday renewal and looks like I’ve got 4 hours to kill whilst being processed.

Anyone recommend any bikeshops/things to do that don’t involve sitting in a bar for a few hours while I wait?

rootes1

dodge people dragging wheelie bags along the pavement?

As a shops there is an Evans (small one) and a Cycle Surgery – Action Bikes is a bit further away near St James Tube..

but nothing special around really… better off walking south and going to Tate Britain.

simon_g

There’s a cycle hire point right outside the IPS building. You can do casual hire now with a credit/debit card – £1 for the day, hires up to 30 mins free. Go for a ride, when the time is near, dock it then get out another, although 30 mins is enough to get across the zone they operate in.

https://web.barclayscyclehire.tfl.gov.uk/maps

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here goes!

Cycle Surgery on Palace Street – Really nice guys, love talking bikes! Have a drool at the Team Sky Dogma!

As above, Tate Britain. A bit of a stroll down to the river, but very much worthwhile.

And, of course, if you happen to stroll down Tachbrook Street on your way to and from the gallery, you’ll go past the best beer pub in the world!

rootes1

And, of course, if you happen to stroll down Tachbrook Street on your way to and from the gallery, you’ll go past the best beer pub in the world!

The Cask? great (actually massive) selection of beers, weird atmosphere though.. Falafel is good from the market to the north..

Also you can come down to marvel as the crap bus station in front of the rail station and view the most dug up bit of london and ponder why there are so many number 38 and 73 buses…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, Cask. Awesome spot. Atmosphere varies by night, was silly in there on Friday, way too busy, but on others it’s just a great local, with great staff, that just happens to have an amazing beer list!

Tachbrook St Market, as mentioned above, is my local market and I love it! Some great food stalls for a spot of lunch.

rootes1

^ we must walk past each other a lot.. I work in Victoria.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cask is my local pub. 🙂

rootes1

Cask is my local pub.

Handy!

Fav local (but only due to the price) is the Cardinal, sorry Windsor Castle.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the Cardinal, sorry Windsor Castle.

Don’t get me started on the change of name! 👿

avdave2

When I went for my passport I went off to the science museum, only a couple of stops on the tube.

rootes1

the Cardinal, sorry Windsor Castle.
    Don’t get me started on the change of name!

yer shame as thought the Cardinal suited its location better, though it was apparently called the Windsor Castle before they changed it to the Cardinal.

At work we still call it The Cardinal.

fenred
    Free Member

Thanks all…Definately given me a few ideas. Will try and stay away from pubs with an identity crisis!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bike shops/things to do around London Victoria’ is closed to new replies.