Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike shops in Leicester recomendation.
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m new to Leicester area. Just moved from Cov.

Got very, very good bike shope there – Albany Cycles – but need to find something locally.
    Any recomendations for good, competent and reliable bike shop arround?
    Looking especially for reasonable wheel builders and someone with good hand to hydraulic brakes.

Cheers!
    I.

rascal
    Free Member

Not Julies. Muppets.
    Better off using Websters on Welford Road in Wigston.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Avoid Julie’s on Clarendon park road! Condescending little twits!
    Websters on welford road are pretty good (main specialized dealer) you have Rutland cycles not a million miles away as well.

Edit to say beaten to it!

Websters are good with wheels ime 😉

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

There’s Naked Bikes near the theatre of crisps (walkers stadium) not sure what their stock is like though. Websters if you want bullsh*t from the staff and a grumpy little man that sells some Specialized. Julie’s if you want an inner tube but very little else.

I’d head for Loughborough and see Glenn at Pedal Power if it was me.

asterix
    Free Member

Wymondham windmill for Bianchi and Enigma road bikes.

coopersport1
    Free Member

For wheels get hold of schmiken off here or on xcracer, he’s in loughborough now and a very handy wheelbuilder.

rascal
    Free Member

If we are talking LeicesterSHIRE and not Leicester specifically, then I second Blazin-saddles and go and see Glenn at Pedal Power in L’boro – he has a rather pretty wife (French?) who works in the shop too 😉

RobHilton
    Free Member

Not Julies. Muppets.
    Better off using Websters on Welford Road in Wigston.

QTF.

New shop in Blaby – DS Cycles, I think? Not been there as yet, but small operation, so there’s a chance they’ll be good.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

he has a rather pretty wife (French?)

Lucie is from Czech actually.

aa
    Free Member

lucie is czech.

And glenn is an awsome fella. He knows his stuff.

tinybits
    Free Member

Websters are utter twonks. Fell out years ago and I can’t recommend anyone else (including Julies!) enough in comparison.
    Excellent disk brake man? You want George Halls in Market Harborough. ask for Jake. The best wheels I ever had were done by Neil in the same shop.

rascal
    Free Member

Lucie – French, Czech, whatever – she’s lovely.
    You will buy stuff you don’t need…

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Thanks for so good reply.

I still will be going to Cov with serious stuff, can’t beat experience with Simon’s wheel built quality, but looking for decent workshop around in case of emergency.

Leicester only and very nearest neighbourhood. Cov is not that far anyway…

Cheers!
    I.

RobHilton
    Free Member

You want George Halls in Market Harborough. ask for Jake. The best wheels I ever had were done by Neil in the same shop.

Were they round? I got a rim swap done there for one I killed and couldn’t be arsed to build another myself as I find it tedious – it wasn’t round, wheels should be. I won’t be shopping there again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike shops in Leicester recomendation.’ is closed to new replies.