Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike Shop recommendations – West Sussex
  • Buzzard
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend somewhere in West Sussex – ideally around Haywards Heath???

Painey
    Free Member

I live in Burgess Hill and unfortunately I’ve had crap service off most bike shops around here. 2 friends of mine speak highly of prestige cycles in Hove but I try to do most work at home myself.

Avoid Evans unless you know exactly what’s needed and try and agree a price up front. I was in their Brighton shop and witnessed a customer unhappy at having to pay £50 just to have the play in his shimano rear hub tightened up, not exactly a complicated job!

Plenty of other shocking levels of service amongst friends of mine too, from lots of places.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Painey

Thanks for the feedback – does not sound good. i dont mind fettling at home its just finding the time with two young kids (especially if I actually want to ride the bikes) 🙁 Was hoping to get one or two small painful jobs done by the bike shop.

Hobster
    Free Member

Have had good service regularly from Freeborn in Horsham and was impressed with Rayments in Brighton when I got some forks serviced.

ktaylor
    Free Member

AD Cycles in Horsham for a good price. Freeborn in Horsham if you wanna be little more rad!

rewski
    Free Member

If it’s for repairs there’s a mobile bike mechanic in the brighton area, or quest in worthing.

njee20
    Free Member

Beyond Mountain Bikes is just up the road from Horsham, not all that ‘L’, but a very good shop.

Painey
    Free Member

I’d include the shop in Preston Circus, Brighton in the list of shops I won’t take my bike too, having witnessed a friends suspension fail whilst out on the bike a week after they serviced it. A year later he got them to do it again as most convenient place to do it. Same result.

nickmsm
    Free Member

I like Freedom Bikes in Brighton.

mrmoofo

Rayments or Freedom Cycles

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike Shop recommendations – West Sussex’ is closed to new replies.