Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Bike Shop Folks, Is this your worst week of the year?
  • MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’ve been in the trade 6 years now and this week, the week before the clocks go back is always rubbish. I struggle to take half what I’m averaging for the rest of the Autumn and it’s the same every year.

Any explanations?
    Is it the same for you?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stop posting on here and get your lighting display properly merchandised!

😉

oddjob
    Free Member

end of the road season, end of the month, end of summer time.

It’s all doom and gloom

DezB
    Free Member

Good time to get a bargain then? 🙂

kimbers

surely waterproofs, lights etc etc

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good time to get a bargain then?

Yep, quieter shops, so lots of time/service and 2010 bikes on sale (And considering that most 2010 bikes were/are already better value for money than most 2011, it’s a fine time to be buying!)

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Possibly not so many end of year bikes going cheap as in previous years. Most of the distributors I deal with were a lot more cautious when ordering 2010 stock than they were in previous years.
    If you’re 5ft nothing or 6 and a half foot plus you’ll probably find a bargain though.

robdob
    Free Member

If you’re 5ft nothing or

Elfinsafety to the forum please. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

If you’re 5ft nothing or 6 and a half foot plus you’ll probably find a bargain though.

Yay! 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This is quite comforting I have loads of bike stuff to put on ebay, too busy to get it done, and now I have a genuine reason for being a lazy ****.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

January and February were always the worst when I was in the trade.

simonb512
    Free Member

My LBS’s seem busy enough this month. I’ve also spent nearly £300 in two days on bike parts (mostly track bits, but still).

Though it’s slowing down for christmas now where I work (in IT Consultancy).

Rubber_Buccaneer

Try sorting out your website, I clicked your user name & have no idea what you are selling.

ziggy
    Free Member

Couldn’t comment as I booked this week off for half term. Saturday was wierd though, £3.50 by 11.45 then went nuts until we closed. Must be doing something right this year as we are 22% up so far on last year, which will help pay for my new bike very shortly 🙂

wwaswas

wot R_B said – did you forget to renew your domain name?

uplink
    Free Member

I’m hoping that the week between Christmas & New Year is the worst week for selling cars
    Because that’s when I’m going out to get one 🙂

bigbob38
    Free Member

Do you do breast reductions as well….. 😉

I could get that done at the same time as getting my brakes bled 😆

kimbers

yeah my moobs rub n my body armour if i dont wear a baselayer, my nipples are chafed to bits

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Oops, must take the link off my profile. I stopped running the website some tme ago and it looks like the domain resellers are trying to tempt me into buying it back. They should try pictures rather than words.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Maybe you should change your company name from Totton Trail Bikes to Totty Trail Bikes?

flyingfox
    Free Member

Aye, we’re selling everything off, had a bad few weeks.

Lent a tyre to a customer to see what he thought. He then brought it back saying he liked it but he could get one for much cheaper from CRC! It’s nice to know that they will let you try tyres first before you buy too!

That was the last straw!!! So if you want bargains, better come calling quick.

4ndyB
    Free Member

It’s been slowing down a little for a few weeks now, prob doing 70% of what we were doing in summer

It’s that time of year, kids have gone back to school, summer has gone to visit the southern hemisphere and it’s not quite Christams season

Jan/Feb are usually the worst months IME

Jamie
    Free Member

Lent a tyre to a customer to see what he thought. He then brought it back saying he liked it but he could get one for much cheaper from CRC! It’s nice to know that they will let you try tyres first before you buy too!

I would have throttled him with the tyre.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If you’re 5ft nothing or

Elfinsafety to the forum please.

Here I am! 🙂

No, it’s true; lots of tiny bike bargains* to be had this time of year. I think I’ve always bought bikes around this time, because there always seems to be the ‘get the old stock out to make room for the new Christmas/New Year stuff’. So, significant discounts on bikes that are just as good as the new ones, really. Winner! 🙂

Sorry, I know the bike shops would prefer me to buy at full RRP, but it’s market forces an ting, innit?

*This doesn’t however stop Mamadirt, who will happily buy tiny bikes at any time of year.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Bike Shop Folks, Is this your worst week of the year?’ is closed to new replies.