Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Bike shop bodge, but now there closed
  • Rscott
    Free Member

The likes of comet sold the warenttys on so they were still valid, I’d have been fuming.

gonzy
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer but the forks are brand new and still under warranty so I’ll send into my LBS if i have any problems. The wheels are nearly 10 years old and are bombproof so I don’t need to worry about them.
    I’ll be making8ng the change to a 2×10 soon so if have any peoblems I’ll give you a shout.
    As for the b/b causing problems I can understand where you’re coming from but this type of problem can be solved by adjusting the limit screws on the mech.
    Anyway problem solved, rant over and jobs a good un so you should leave it at that IMO. I’d stay clear of the shop owner too…not worth the hassle. If his service/workmanship was as bad as you say then its a good thing he’s gone bust.

hora
    Free Member

The likes of comet sold the warenttys on so they were still valid, I’d have been fuming.

Semi OT: I was in a tussle with Comet over a fridge freezer. They refused all the way up to the Directors office. Ironically they went bust the next week, the fridge freezer miraculously came to life and has worked every since.

wwaswas

all that time focused on your fridge freezer and they failed to see the big picture.

Hora’s incessant complaining causes major electrical retailer to go bust shocker 😉

hora
    Free Member

Class

bruneep

Rscott what’s your PayPal address, if I pay the £40 will you just go away?

wwaswas

*starts thread bemoaning the loss of a tenner and subsequent feelings of impotent rage*

curvature
    Free Member

What if the bike shop owner had died? Would you dig his grave up or pursue his widow?

chief9000
    Free Member

I ave a good mind to go round to the ex owners house and have a word.

I have a good idea, why don’t you follow him round on your bike. That way when he stops at the traffic lights you can shout threatening abuse through his window!

mattsccm
    Free Member

The price doesn’t matter as that was known before the job was done.
    Surely some one asked. I wonder if the OP’s issues with chainline are anything to do with running extremes of cross over. Big to big is not likely to be clean . ?It can be but not always.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have a good idea, why don’t you follow him round on your bike. That way when he stops at the traffic lights you can shout threatening abuse through his window!

I Lol’d at that 🙂

franksinatra

OP

What is your opinion of Audi drivers stopping in ASL’s in London?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Did the bike shop owner fit the mech personally or did he employ a mechanic?
    Is the OP chasing the wrong person?
    If so should he insist the owner gives him the mechanic’s address and then accompanies him round there so they can both give the offender grief?

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Or the op could sit down and have a cup of tea take a deep breath and then think about the fact that this thread has made him look a bit of a tit in the eyes of the rest of the forum then go out and ride his bike come back and have forgotten all about this and move on with his life 😀

xcgb
    Free Member

[/Quote] So long as he doesn’t need to change gear though!

niksnr
    Free Member

Bad grammar. ‘They’re’, not ‘there’!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Bike shop bodge, but now there closed’ is closed to new replies.