Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike shipping- couriers and cost?
  • PaddyMcG
    Free Member

Trying to sell a bike in the classifieds, and was hoping for local pick up. But not had any interest in it to date so considering ebay. Anyone got any experience/ ideas which couriers will take bikes for a reasonable cost? Just tried Parcel monkey and the best it came back with was DX which was well over £100. I’ve got a Wiggle bike box to pack it in, just wasn’t expecting it to be so much to post.

Yak

Paisley Freight. Cheapish, although the value of the bike can ramp up the insurance cost quite a lot.

somafunk

Try your local DPD office,

collie
    Free Member

Have a look at senditnow – about £12 for 48 hr delivery up to 30kg. I’ve used it to send a few of the kid’s bikes and had no problems. (you drop the parcel at the Post Office and a Parcel Force sticker is attached ;))

globalti
    Free Member

Paisley Freight have a good website but they just act as agents for TNT, who damaged a bike I sold on Ebay. Whoever you use, be sure to tell your buyer to inspect the carton carefully on delivery and if they have any doubt about the condition, sign for it as “damaged” so you’ve got some comeback when the poop hits the fan.

PaddyMcG
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies. But without sounding too negative, Paisley Freight get some pretty bad reviews on here and elsewhere. Senditnow have a max parcel length of 1.5m (my box is 1.9m) otherwise it goes as a large parcel for £38. Still, that’s better than I originally thought I suppose. And for DPD I think I’d need a business account with them. And they don’t seem to like giving phone numbers out for their local depots, or even a nationwide ‘contact us’ number for that matter.

mattbee

I ended up shipping the last bike I sold as 2 parcels, wheels in one and the rest in another. Was cheaper than one larger parcel and got under parcelforce’s size limits so I could just go to the post office.
    Still cost about £40 though, for a cx bike I sold on here for £150.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Have you tried talking to your local friendly bike shop?
    They most likely have an account with a courier & will send it for you for much less than you can manage yourself.
    We charge £25 usually for 48hr delivery as long as it’s already boxed properly. (oddball sizes or huge weights are more)

postierich
    Free Member

As above my local shop has sent bikes I have sold via their shop, Fed Ex and was around £15 I do buy stuff from them mind!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike shipping- couriers and cost?’ is closed to new replies.