Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike selling tactics
  • meehaja
    Free Member

I know bikes broken down to components tend to sell better, but not wanting to have a house full of surplus parts, and wanting to make enough money to buy a gold plated monkey (or similar luxury item), I was wondering what the best tactic would be.. Particuarly since a few parts off the new bike will be being sold straight off as well…

I will be selling an On one 456, currently SS, with basic deore. mavic wheels, HFX9's eastern EA50 bars etc. Not a spectacular spec, is there much market for shoddy second hand parts that a few years old, or is it best to sell as a whole bike? Likewise, if selling as a whole bike is it worth putting brand new parts on, or better to leave cheaper/ old bits on (I have a set of brand new mechs/ shifters/ Rock shox Tora 302's.

Gah! I can't decide, and want someone else to take responsibility so I can blame them when it doesn't work. As a vaguely comic aside, I've just had surgery on my back and can do very little except read singletrack forums and play Xbox.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I recently sold my cracked meta 5.5 for nearly £800, my best estimates of a split bike were in the £600-£650 region

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150452116799#ht_614wt_1139

meehaja
    Free Member

hmmm… time to give that a go then… start on here, end up on the bay!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

sell it whole, well less hassle and you wont get much for shitty drivetrain bits and pieces

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I imagine a good start would be to put a blatant plug in the main forum area.

Oh…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike selling tactics’ is closed to new replies.