Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bike security, insurance & bike tracker Questions….
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Is there a best household insurance covering bikes?
    Do they have to be stored in a locked shed for a payout if stolen? What happens if I take the bike with me on holiday and it gets stolen from the tent?
    Are you covered if you get bike jacked?

Is there a tracker or something that can fit into to the seat or head tube?

tomaso
    Free Member

Everyone’s circumstances are different so which is best is a tricky question.
    Locked out building garage or house but they will often place limitations on each. Some offer away from home cover and it would need to be inside, with you, locked to something immovable or in your car (not outside on a rack) but again all policies differ.
    Yes various trackers are available and I am supposed insurance companies aren’t looking at this given the high rate if cycle theft.

TheFlyingOx

Recent experience says that insuring bikes is getting harder and harder and harder.

My insurers wanted £920 for the policy, a gold standard ground anchor/chain/padlock combo for each bike (I’ve got 3), a garage door defender bar thing, and a £500 excess on each bike. It’s going to cost me about £300 for the security bits alone, and then £1500 if they were to be stolen. It’s almost not worth it.

bol

Blimey Ox, that’s pretty grim. M&S for me. Insured home and away, all bikes up to £2k included. I’ve got three more expensive bikes named on my policy and it comes to about £55 per month with £100 excess. A lot of money, but worth it if I get properly turned over.

monkeyp

Directline Select. 15k single item limit, including bikes Worldwide. Came in at about £400 for buildings and contents for us.

takisawa2

Slightly different, but my caravan came with a Tracker fitted.
    It saved me a whopping £30 on the insurance. 😐

M&S insurance here. Bikes covered as above post, but somewhat cheaper figure of £28 a month for their top spec buildings & contents. Ex-Council semi in Staffs.

philfive
    Free Member

£100 extra per year home and away for mine. policy states they must be secured but doesn’t stipulate what with, although I have a massive amount of security.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Simple thing, read all the T&C’s they are all different.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bike security, insurance & bike tracker Questions….’ is closed to new replies.