Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike seat for full sus
  • smellyfinger
    Free Member

Hi, i have a 6 month old daughter and want to take her out on the bike. Not on trails, just steady rides through local parks and on fire roads at best. I have been looking around the net to find some info on bike seats and to see if they are suitable to fit on full sus bikes but thought i’d ask on here and see if anyone had any good advice.

It would be to fit on a Santa Cruz Heckler S frame if that makes any difference ? any help will be appreciated (except smart arse acomments), cheers.

redted
    Free Member

Think your choices are very limited other than one of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24349&gclid=CMOUgNjj1bICFaTHtAodrQgAYg

You might find somebody on here with one, but at 6 months old she won’t be ready for holding on to the bars.
    They are great though,and because the child sits in front of you and “helps” to steer, it is far more engaging. We have one and I’ll be ready to sell it come spring if you are still interested, but I’d want £100ish for it coz it was blumin pricy to start with.

jam-bo

redted. I’d be very interested.

email in profile.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I had a seat on my full suss (giant trance). it had a single bracket that fit to the saddle post. It was a similar fixing to this one. I used it for about a year
    http://shop.grahamgoode.com/childs-bike-seat-for-kids-cycle-rear-mount-raleigh-snug-okb005av-60182-p.asp
    My little one now weighs 15kg and the seat had started to strain a bit under this weight. we bent it going over some ramps at the park the other day so I have had to get a new one.
    The new one fixes down to the seat stays which is no good for the full suss and I cant get it to fit my cove stiffee either. It has fit on the wifes bike so ill have to take her out on that instead.

Andy

scaled
    Free Member

I gave up looking for a seat to go on the full suss and whacked a hamax siesta on the back on the girlfriends old hardtail.

Little Scaled loves it and it’s been good from when she was ~1 to now and looks good until she hits the weight limit, she’s only 2 now but the size of a 3 year old so it might not be that long!

We’ve done a few 25-30 mile rides when we were away on holiday and she was fine with that, few pub stops on the way for drinks/lunch.

It’s been used all summer for taking her to/from the childminder. Best bit of having it on the ‘spare’ bike is that we can just leave it on there and wheel it out without all the faff in the morning where every seconds counts!

transapp
    Free Member

Weeride kangaroo works on my full sus (giant anthem). I had to get some longer bolts for the front due to the o/s head tubs, but that was only 50p. Works a treat.

smellyfinger
    Free Member

Hi, thanks for the responses. Still searching at the minute i’m afraid. Went in to Halfords and they had nothing, couldn’t even begin to point me in the right direction. She has great neck strength and is now over 8 months so i would feel comfortable putting her in a seat or trailer, but again, can’t find anything suitable to fit the frame.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike seat for full sus’ is closed to new replies.