Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike Seat for 2 Year Old, front mounted, any recommendations
  • neillys75
    Free Member

Currently have my 2 year old using a Hamax rear mounted seat. I am thinking moving her to a front mount seat would be easier for me and more fun for her!
    I’d love to buy a LOCT but finding one is a little on the difficult side!!

Does any one have any recommendations that they have used, any photos of the seats on bikes?

I’m riding a Merlin Malt 4 so cant see a problem with a front mount?

mangoridebike

I’d recommend an ibert safe-t-seat,

We’ve used it with our daughter since she was old enough to support the weight of the helment through to now (3 yrs). She loves it, and at a height of around 95cm there is still plenty of leg room for her. As she’s got heavier then balance at slow speed can take a bit of getting used to, but once up to speed there are no issues.

The mount needs around 15mm of spacers under the stem to be able to fit, and ideally a stem length greater than 90mm to be able to fit the little ones legs under the handlebar.

O on a ride (PixUp) by Chris_Read_3, on Flickr

boxfish
    Free Member

+1 on the safe-t-seat, although when commuting with my daughter on dark winter mornings, I did have to dress her up like a fat ninja to avoid the cold.

D0NK

I’m also interested in this, someone mentioned the leco but I’ve seen mixed reviews. Anyone got any comments? Easy to fit and remove?

stem length greater than 90mm

oh dear, I’m a bit knackered there

bigG
    Free Member

+1 on the ibert. our little un has been in hers since she was 19months and loves it. I’ve got it mounted on a bike with a 90mm stem and there is plenty of room.

The one thing I found was getting on and off the bike can be a challenge, now I have a reverb fitted its easy to lift the seat once we’re under way

G

banjowhacker
    Free Member

I’ve used a Weeride for my daughter from about 7months to now (26months). She’s probably good for another year. I’m pretty happy with the Weeride. The only problems are that the supporting bar is pretty heavy and isn’t particularly easy to take on and off regularly. Also, it can get in the way of your knees a little bit, which is only really a problem if you’re riding over slightly challenging terrain.

neillys75
    Free Member

Liking that ibert, does anyone have or have used a co-rider?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike Seat for 2 Year Old, front mounted, any recommendations’ is closed to new replies.