Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bike related item that isnt a part or clothing….about 100 quid
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

won 100 quid to spend in squarewheels in strathpeffer at weekend.

Dont want to spend it on something i will end up selling or wearing out (like my team mate suggested buying some gears – since the prize was for the SS race)

my first thought was i fancied some of those hope salt and pepper shakers – those are no longer made 🙁

also tempted by a set of rollers though id have to add about 50 quid to get tacx antares

any other suggestions ?

njee20
    Free Member

Do they do Oakley? Get some Radars, glasses for life!

Edit: and well done by the way, but why stop after 23:09, bah!

trail_rat
    Free Member

nick – i gave it my all on the last lap … i did a 50 minute lap(ave for all other laps was 1:15 !) for my 17th lap (i know it doesntsay that on the results due to me needing to stop between finishing the last one (where i felt wrecked) and starting the next … but jojo and TJ can back me up on this – as can alek and twinklydave.

I thought i was chasing Simon hayes – who had already stopped…. but i thought he was on course and about to take back first.

I was completely broken when i came in !

njee20
    Free Member

Good man, that's how a solo should be ridden, none of this conserving energy malarky!

tang
    Free Member

reckon massage vouchers is what you want. failing that any nice tools you need?

epicsteve
    Free Member

What about spending it on some high quality tools or a workstand?

wwaswas

2nd the tools thing – nice headset press or something?

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah a workstand might be a good look never thought of that

ive got a fully complimented workshop of tools for all my bikes. I made sure of that before i left the bike trade (that is i bought the tools not pinched them before people get jumped up ! )

Ill look into workstands !

njee20
    Free Member

Aye a workstand's a good call! I couldn't be bothered to buy tools, I still go back to Beyond to use theirs, much easier!

Coleman
    Free Member

Congratulations. After all that effort you need a fine glass of wine, and what better way to open that classic Merlot than the Campagnolo Big Corkscrew

http://www.johnsbikes.co.uk/catalog/campagnolo-corkscrew-p-349.html?osCsid=25d2643e5670747704cb43a35e0814c2

A truly decadent piece of cycling jewellry that will last a lifetime and amaze your friends. Available from all good bike shops.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I used my squarewheels vouchers from the summer puffer to get me an external BB tool and a Park cog cleaning brush.

aye nick if it wasnt 50 miles back to ABC id do the same.

Alpine is a bit more strict on that front – plus i wasnt really there long enough 😉

Although i do travel home for brake bleeding , much nicer to know im using fresh fluid than fluid thats been sat in my shed ! – and not be throwing out usable fluid !

rj
    Free Member

I got one of them there Campag corkscrews for a wedding present. I rapidly went from thinking it was overpriced nonsense to wondering how the hell I ever got corks out before.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im not a wine drinker – cant stand it …

dont tend to need corkscrews to get into whisky bottles 😉

solarider
    Free Member

Second the workstand. So much easier to work on your bike and wash it in a workstand.

Don't go for rollers. Thought you didn't want something you wouldn't end up using?! Rollers and turbo trainers always seem like a good idea, but unless you absolutely have to 'train' rather than 'ride', you'll be bored senseless by indoor riding.

trail_rat
    Free Member

already have a turbo and use it quite a bit for interval training "sufferfesting". the act of the turbo Bores me shitless due to the lack of concentration needed to ride em ! – at the time i bought it i really wanted rollers but couldnt afford them and no one was selling used rollers at the time

just gonna have to add a bit to get a decent work stand – i wont use a crappy one – i have had park pcs 3s for 10 years – once you have had them its hard to go back !cheapy fold up ones just aint any cope compared to em 🙁

Notter
    Free Member

Dirtworker / Mobiwasher? I'd go for a workstand personally…..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bike related item that isnt a part or clothing….about 100 quid’ is closed to new replies.