Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike register?
  • peter1979
    Free Member

My local police facebook page is recommending people to register bikes on this website.

https://www.bikeregister.com/

Anyone on here done it?

Stoner
    Free Member
    dvatcmark
    Free Member

Having my bike details and address in a database concerns me

peter1979
    Free Member

that’s what bothers me too

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Never!

GrahamS

Immobilise.com user here.

– it’s what my local police force (Northumberland) recommend, and in fact it is what they use when they log your details at bike marking days

– it lets you upload multiple photos, descriptions, components as well as usual details like make and frame number.

– you can also register other stuff (like mobile phones)

– it’s free

Can’t see a downside really.

crapjumper
    Free Member

If somebody managed to hack the police database would it not be almost like a mail order list for thieving scrotes ? ( address , model , spec etc ) . I may be wrong and it’s very safe .

slowoldgit
    Free Member

On the OP’s linky, I got as far as ‘Frame Number’, which is mandatory. My bike doesn’t have one.

Which of these do the police actually check?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

dvatcmark – Member
    Having my bike details and address in a database concerns me

If you specify the details of a bike for insurance companies then it’s on a list with your address.
    There are a lot of these types of list around, I’d rather have something that can help recover bikes and reduce the potential value of stolen bikes.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’d use one of these but i’d use my correct phone number/email but an old address/parents address etc etc

muddyground
    Free Member

Used it, wouldn’t again. The little microdots are horrid – once applied to your pride and joy, they leave a permanent residue that looks like you’ve gobbed all over the bike. 3 months on after applying I’m still trying to get it off. Although there is a bonus – my bike now looks so horrid I can leave it anywhere without fear of it being stolen.

It’s not free really. To register is, but everything else costs.

GrahamS

Immobilise is free to use.

They do sell electronic datatags that can be installed in your seat tube (not horrid microdots) but they are optional, you don’t need to buy them to use the service.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike register?’ is closed to new replies.