Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike rack problem
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve borrowed a car as mine is in for a service and they gave me one with a tow bar so I can use my rack. Anyway, I’ve just fitted it and unlike on the usual car, it sort of “slips” but then is solid. My car you fasten the clamp and it’s almost rock solid in any position but this seems to settle. If I put weight on it, the car suspension moves but not the rack.

So, does this seem normal? Am I safe for loading up and going for a ride?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not sure I get what exactly it is you’re asking, but with my tow bar mounted rack when it is attached it is absolutely rock solid – there is no movement of the rack if you lean on it, or put weight on it. The car suspension will move. I wouldn’t be happy using it if the rack was moving on the ball.

So if you’re saying with your normal car there is some movement in it and with your courtesy car there isn’t, then I’d be looking into the installation on your normal car.

atlaz
    Free Member

Normal car doesn’t move much but is rock solid after a little movement (I think I stood on it once and it slipped a touch) the loaner slips a little then is rock solid.

thegreatape
    Free Member

So, the same then?

atlaz
    Free Member

Not far off. But worse. Risked it though and got the drive done with no issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack problem’ is closed to new replies.