Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike rack on a Porsche Boxter
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can fit a standard bike rack on a boxer. I’m planning very occasional use, probably a one bike the Saris Bones solo

ta

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bones solo looks like it’s meant for steeper hatches etc.

DickBarton

Seasucker might also work…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlespeedstu

I’m no expert but why would you want to attach a bike rack to a boxer?

Be it a dog or a human.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Saris Bones fits fine.

Tips
    Free Member

Assuming that you mean a porsche boxster 🙂 then I had a boxster a while ago and when I looking into putting a boot mounted rack on the back posche don’t recommend it because it’s not designed to hold that type of weight.

You might get away with it, I never tried it.. you do get a roof rack for the boxster though.. but they’re very expensive.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Bike bouy…just tried one from the LBS which appeared to fit. Only issue was the straps which attach under the reg, as there wasn’t a particularly sturdy bit of metal to attach it to. Do you have a boxter…and if so is it fine to attach the lower straps given they aren’t weight bearing.

cynic-al
    Free Member

tpbiker – Member
    is it fine to attach the lower straps given they aren’t weight bearing.

They are when you go over bumps etc, and can let go if not tight enough..

bikebouy
    Free Member

No I don’t have a Boxster but a mate has a 59 redg S’ and he uses a Saris Bones 2 but only one bike on it. The lower straps go underneath the rear valance and the top two go in the grove behind the hood (there’s a seal there and he just pushes the metal clamps in) he’s got some soft cloth duct taped to the lower straps where it touches the bumper/boot so it doesn’t scratch and uses the side clamps either side of the boot lid. Ive only ever seen the car parked but even with the rear spoiler “up” there’s enough room as he’s set the rack up quite high. It does foul the number plate but he’s not bothered about that.
    That any use?
    Can you not try one for a Saris Bones dealer ?
    Or in his case he bought it from Evans Cycles who offer a full refund policy if it doesn’t fit etc..

Edit.. He takes the wheels off and sticks them in the passenger seat too, so it’s just the frame on the rack.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Thanks bikebouy

The one I have to try appears to fit ok and is only for use with my road bike so I hope won’t be an issue. Does he just clip it anywhere under the valance, or is there a a prefered bit to hook it onto? My only isssue is the rear skiert deoesn’t appear very robust, can’t tell if its made of metal or fibreglass.

gg14
    Free Member

Boxster. Your car is a Boxster.

neil853
    Free Member

Mate of mine has a 60 plate one with a thule roof mounted carrier on

cyclelife
    Free Member

Hehe!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Porsche do their own you know…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack on a Porsche Boxter’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts