Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike Rack Light Boards
  • Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Do people just not bother these days? Was sitting stationary behind this chap in a line of traffic.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/H4sNE8]IMG_20160609_091708[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

Been following for a good part of the A30 and his LH light is complete covered by the cassette, the RH is part covered as is the number plate, only brake light without obstruction is the high boot one.

Is this sort of things not common sense? Would they have a leg to stand on if someone went it the back of them?

Cheers, Steve

grizedaleforest

Half-term trip to Scotland and I too seemed to see a fair number of bikes being carried this way. In fact rating how bikes were being carried became a bit of a game (it was a long trip). It’s not just obscuring the lights and reg – I can’t get over how casual some people seem to be in the way they mount their bikes.

Anyway I guess you’re right that drivers like the one you’ve photo’s might be in trouble if they’re rear ended.

tthew

Boot mount option is a lot cheaper than bar mount, and getting the electrics done will add around £100, (if not DIY), so cheap rack buyer won’t bother.

But like phone use while driving, if there’s little risk of getting caught, what’s the point in having a law to enforce?

leftyboy
    Free Member

Interesting point, a ex-policeman friend says that they won’t bother to pull you over for this as it’s to much hassle/paperwork. The insurance company would probably ignore this unless the police were involved.

I had a bike on my rack with my number plate and lights clearly visible when I was re-ended, the insurers never asked if the lights were working even though the person who ran into me said they didn’t see my brake lights.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Only peaked my interested as I’m looking at a rear end rack for my car, trying to get hold of a MaxxRaxx as I remember my ol’ mans being good. Would mean I could get rid of my roof rack and coffin from the wife’s car….and my shed….

Thought this was a pretty good example of how not to do it!

Cheers, Steve

Stoner
    Free Member

(piqued)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike Rack Light Boards’ is closed to new replies.