Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike rack for VW T5/6
  • jaylaz73

I’m Done with my fiamma bike rack on my van, it keeps coming loose and is causing some damage to my boot. It looks straight but for some reason, despite all bolts being tight, it comes loose from the top left bracket that fits over the top of the boot by the hinge. I’m looking at the VW bike carrier now or the The Thule Backpak to carry our four bikes, what do you reckon?

tragically1969
    Free Member

T6 ? do you know something we don’t ?

The VW T5 one is good, mine has been on for 4 years and still works

jaylaz73

The T6 is the T5 with the new engine and a few other updates, I think? I’ll have a look at the VW one, any good deals on them anywhere?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Thats the T5.1, T6 is out later this year.

You might be able to get 10% off from the main dealer if you have a friendly one, or buy it through TPS

redhairjon
    Free Member

Banway, via ebay is the best deal I can find, unless anyone else has a better source?

RoterStern
    Free Member

I have a Thule one which works like the Fiamma omes but are better put together. It certainly doesn’t damage anything on the van. If I could choose then I would go for the VW rack however.

cakefacesmallblock

T6 hasn’t been released yet, late 2015 by all accounts. T5 or T5 GP ( some folk calm it a t5.1) are the latest version.
    VW bike rack is very good indeed if you have a tailgated van. I have friends with them and they seem bomb proof.
    Twin rear doors on my van, so I’m a bit limited in choice. Not had any issues with the Fiamma one in three years, but some do seem to be troublesome.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack for VW T5/6’ is closed to new replies.