Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike rack for panniers on a road bike without rack mounts. Whats out there.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

As above really. What are the options.?

disco_stu
    Free Member

What sort of capacity are you after?
    It might be worth considering a Carradice Saddle Bag and a SQR Seat post mount 5-23 litres capacity depending on the type of bag.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Plenty. You can get seat clamps with top mounts, you can get racks that mount onto canti mounts, you cn get axle mounts and youcan use p clips or similar.

Look at old man mountain or tubus.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheBrick
    Free Member

old man mountain and topeak do one a well I think.

Otherwise p clips if the load is small.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

P-clip that mofo….

vinnyeh

Have a look at Freeload racks. Bit expensive from NZ, but I sourced one fairly cheaply from Germany.

Stoner
    Free Member
    Rik
    Free Member

Where in Germany Vinnyeh? A shop if so, which?

karnali
    Free Member

i have one of these

http://www.rememberdelaware.com/p-82299-axiom-streamliner-road-dlx-rear-rack.aspx?gdftrk=gdfV21133_a_7c351_a_7c2656_a_7c82299

used for about 15 commutes works fine, it was a stop gap till i got a new commuter not neded anymore paid 30 foit about 2 months ago 24 posted to your door if intereste email in profile

vinnyeh

Where in Germany Vinnyeh? A shop if so, which?

bike-discount.de.

85.90 euros shipped.

foxwelljsly
    Free Member

I can happily endorse the disc compatible OMM racks – carry some spare P clips for the rear rack, though. Done loads of trekking on my hardtail with these.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

You could try one of these my mate did. It lasted a few rides over a few hundred miles in total but failed on the third outing!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack for panniers on a road bike without rack mounts. Whats out there.?’ is closed to new replies.