Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bike rack for four bikes? Any tips?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Should be picking up my new motor Saturday which conveniently has a tow bar already attached. Any thoughts on the best rack to take four 26″ wheel bikes? Price not a major issue as I’ve got the tow bar gratis but the cheaper the better….

br
    Free Member

Pendle do one, but how often will you need to take 4 bikes?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pendle, Thule, halfords and there was another one someone on STW recomended for half the cost of Pendle but laods better, began with a?

I’m scouring Ebay for one, only needs to take 1 bike 90% of the time but I figured that it only weighs a smidge more to get a 4 bike one and takes up verly little extra space.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Pendle. I have one you are welcome to have a look at, as I’m a Belper lad. email in profile.

Solid as flip. Took 4 “big” bikes to Scotland, Wales etc no probs.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    The one thisisnotaspoon is trying to come up with is Aiston
    Old guy working out of his garage near Newcastle.
    I have one of his 2 and 4 bike racks
    Cheap but industrial and fairly heavy(sturdy).
    The good thing is the bits are interchangeable and you can buy components off him if you need to.
    Recommended
    Cheers
    Steve

dantsw13

This AISTON rack was highly recommended on here recently. Ive just inherited a MaxxRaxx from a mate which is top notch too.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thanks for that MH. I’ll have a look at that make and give you a shout. It’s always gonna have four bikes on because when I ride I just take the van and chuck it in the back. Probably get used 10-20 times a yr so needs to be a good one.

pdw
    Free Member

You should keep an eye on max tow bar weight. Even three bikes can be over the limit for many cars.

roverpig

Strada Atera with the optional fourth bike mount. It was the best of the bunch in the recent CTC review of tow bar mounted racks and ours has done a few trips accross the country with no problems.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

You should keep an eye on max tow bar weight. Even three bikes can be over the limit for many cars.

That’s why I took the tow bar off and got an Aiston that bolts directly to the flange. So lon as there as many riders in the car as there are bikes on the back I don’t end up pulling any wheelies.

ElShalimo

I have a BuzzRack Buzzrunner 3 from RoofBox.co.uk in Sedbergh. It’s great and the customer service there was excellent when I had a small issue. It’s done 3+ years sterling service so far.
    Here’s the 4 bike equivalent version
    Or a cheaper model 4 bike carrier

sambob
    Free Member

Love our Thule Euroblahdeblah, very easy to load and make secure.

jkomo

One in classifieds now I think

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack for four bikes? Any tips?’ is closed to new replies.