Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike rack for a CRV without a towbar
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I have given up on the tow bar option and want a bike rack for a Honda CRV without the rear wheel stuck on the back. I had a Halfords one with the old CRV and it worked ok.

What can you lot recommend or is it best to go for the tow bar option,

One that takes at least two adult bikes as the boys bike could go inside the car.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

I get 3 adults bikes easily in mine without folding all the back seats not tried a rack though. How about roof bar option? I just bought some second hand Honda bars off fleabay for £70

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Did you fit three into the post 07 model?

We had two bikes and all the the other holiday gear for a weekend in the lakes in a 56 plate.
    I have the roof bars from the 56 plate model to put on eBay and was going to get new bars. I am put off putting on the roof in case I forget and try and enter a height limited car park. I have find this recently with my van an scratched the roof badly. Although Halfords have the Thule roof bike carriers buy one frog bond half price.

redstripe
    Free Member

Alexandersupertramp – have you a post 2007 one? Interested to know if you think there’s less space in it for bikes if yes, which I think you are implying. ( I was thinking of getting one one day). I have a pre-2007 one at the moment which is great for bikes inside but also luckily has a towbar with dogleg carrier for more bikes. If you are selling the roof bars, let me know as I want some for our kayaks. cheers

benji
    Free Member

Saris fit guide

Plenty of options from Saris, just use the vehicle selector on the right.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

My car is post 2007 and as I said get 3 adult bikes in easily but the wheels have to come off, loads of space though for everything else and to be honest its a great truck, quiet economical and well specced I have the ex model

kiwicraig

Just get a tow bar and be done with it. Our shuttle wagon easily takes 4 DH bikes:

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Thats one loaded rack!

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Red stripe
    There is more room inside but we have shit interior of suede and leather. I will check all the bits are there for the roof bars and get back to you.

Just get a tow bar and be done with it. Our shuttle wagon easily takes 4 DH

I am impressed, that’s a lot of bikes, I was nervous with two on the back

kiwicraig

I am impressed, that’s a lot of bikes, I was nervous with two on the back

It’s grand, frequently drive 600+km like that no dramas. Friends run the same setup on Peugeots, BMWs and the girlfriend has the same setup on her old Nissan pulsar. Towbar racks rock.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack for a CRV without a towbar’ is closed to new replies.