Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike rack blag – saloon car
  • d4ddydo666
    Free Member

Has anyone got a rack I can blag for 6th-13th April? I’m happy to pay a loan fee, money or beers, or give a deposit.

It’s for a saloon car but I have a tow bar on it. Ideally it’d hold three road bikes but two will do – the third can go in the back with the camping gear and smallest passenger 🙂

d4ddydo666
    Free Member

bump

happy to give money/beers!

Kieran

If your anywhere near Cheltenham I have both a Saris bones and a hitch mounted rack you can borrow.

The Saris has one of the securing straps broken for one bike (I’ve never got round to sorting the warranty claim) but it still holds three bikes fine.

The hitch mount one mounts between the flat plates of the ball attachment and bracket and is just a basic two bar rack but will hold three bikes with ease. It has been fitted to my camper for several years but should come off easily enough.

fattylee
    Free Member

Where you based??
    Also have a saris bones 3

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a towbar mounted one in Reading, needs a flanged towbar though, what type do you have?

d4ddydo666
    Free Member

Oops – Based in Manchester! Thank you for the kind offers though.

Flanged tow bar? doesn’t sound quite as rude as it ought, shame… I’ve no idea if mine is flanged or not – it has a ball on the top, does that answer??

Thanks ya’ll

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack blag – saloon car’ is closed to new replies.