• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike rack – Alfa 159SW
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I need to get one but can’t get a towbar as it’s a company car. Anyone have one and if so what and how secure is it? I had a cheap one on my VW polo and it scared the crap out of me at times but it was VERY old (I nicked it from my father)

parkesie
    Free Member

Roof rack if yours has the roof rails. Idealy put it in the boot dirty horrible bike rack spoiling the look of a alfa bleurgh.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got some cheap (eBay) roof bars on my 159 saloon. I made a custom rack to fit my bike and have done 200 mile trips with bike on top no problem. Does you SW have rails? If so, just get a decent bike carrier/bars to fit the rails..

edit: my rack comes off when not being used..to not spoil the look 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

Nah, I didn’t get rails so it needs to be boot mounted. I would generally put it inside the car but it’s so I can carry more bikes to be honest.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Not convinced by a boot mounted one, the plastic spoiler on mine would worry me that it would get broken off…

I was using thule roof bars and pro ride 951’s that worked well and was easy, until this year when I had a tow bar fitted and have gone that way…

If your in a company car, do you have a fuel card and free diesel, or are you paying it yourself?
    If not the roof bars are the way to go for sure.

may even be tempted to part with mine, as they are just sat in the shed

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these: Avenir 3-bike rack
    I’ve used it on the 159 saloon without any problems. Felt very secure and didn’t move around at all.
    It’s for sale, if you’re interested?

br
    Free Member

What about a Saris Bones?

As long as you tape up where it sits. Multi-adjustable too, didn’t need a light board with mine:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack – Alfa 159SW’ is closed to new replies.