Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bike pricing?
  • j40aja
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to sell my carbon BeOne hardtail for a couple of weeks now. Ive just re-advertised it and reduced the price again.

See ad: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/carbon-ht-now-reduced-to-1600

Any opinions why it isn’t selling? I know the brand probably isn’t that well known in the U.K but known enough by the STW massive and the spec and condition seems right for asking price.

Really is a nice bike and only want to sell to get my first full suspension bike (Canyon Nerve 8.0).

I’m guessing it’s quite a niche bike and the price bracket limits possible buyers especially with the financial situation as it is.

sambob
    Free Member

Size, it’s a big frame. 5’10” to 6’5″ is probably pushing it too, can’t see someone 5’10” on a 21″ frame being comfortable.

somouk
    Free Member

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. Not many people out there willing to spend that much on a second hand bike no matter how nice it is.

The current trend of bigger suspension and bigger wheels puts your bike to the bottom of the pile at the moment.

If I was you I would advertise over at XCRacer.com for it. Probably more their sort of steed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    j40aja
    Free Member

Wasn’t exactly sure on the starting point size wise but I’m 6’4″ and would fit someone slightly taller.

What height would it be suitable from 5’11” or 6′?

j40aja
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up regarding xcracer.com, always worth getting it out to a larger audience, going to try Pinkbike too.

sambob
    Free Member

Probably 6′. As you’ve said though, it’s a lot for a bike someone probably wouldn’t get to to ride.

meehaja
    Free Member

maybe try it on roadie forums as well? Its a really nice bike, andthe brand is well known to tarmac lovers, as well as the size/ racey nature appealing that way?

Failing that, let ebay decide what its worth?

njee20
    Free Member

Size. 6’2″ and over really. Instantly limits your market hugely. We’d sell 50 mediums and larges for every XL in the shop.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

More hassle, but you’ll probably get closer to what you want for it, by spliting it down and selling the parts separately. As folks say above re the frame size, it limits your market. Plus, you’ve already listed it 10 times on here!

j40aja
    Free Member

If I was you I would advertise over at XCRacer.com for it. Probably more their sort of steed.

I have registered but to post in the for sale section you have to have competed in races which can be checked and adverts without this info get removed.

Guess it’s due to it being a free service and to stop e-bay style users abusing the site.

I’ve never raced so looks like I can’t try to sell my bike on their site.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its got flat pedals?

Just strip it down, all the parts will shift on here no bother. Then just bang the frame on ebay and see how much you get for it.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I noticed it last week, if I hadn’t of bought a frame the week before I would of bought it 🙁

j40aja
    Free Member

Thanks Shorty121,

At least that lets me know that there are buyers out there who would consider something like my bike.

Just need to persevere and wait for a buyer to notice the for sale ad. I’ll only split it the frame goes 1st. Really don’t want to go down the e-bay route as it’s not a main stream brand and won’t give it away for peanuts.

Going to Dalbeattie and surrounding trails in July so hopefully will have a more suitable steed by then.

br
    Free Member

As others have said its very niche – been 21″ and basically a race bike. I’d be tempted to split it – but either way you’ll not get anywhere near what you’ve spent.

j40aja
    Free Member

I knew when I built it up that if i wanted to sell it in the future I’d lose a big chunk of cash but if we worried about that we’d never buy new stuff. Half the fun is buying and building up something different. I’ve never seen another one at any of the trail centers I’ve been to and always get great compliments about the bike from other riders.

I think I’ll re-advertise it with more of a focus on splitting but the frame going before the rest.

All the kit is good quality stuff and in as new condition so should sell if priced right but we’ll see how it goes.

Many thanks to all the advice I’ve received in this thread, I’ll take it on board and be realistic with my sale plans.

br
    Free Member

But having just looked at the kit on it, I’d split it and sell the stuff that won’t actually fit on your next bike; ie frame etc

goatster
    Free Member

To be blunt it’s too big and too dear for a 2010. As above the size makes it less attractive to a mass market, the frame is a three year old frame now so your gonna loose a packet but thats the nature of second hand…
    Could always try trading it in, we would give you a trade in value against a new bike, a rough rule of thumb reckon on half price, less a ton a year, less anything it needs in parts and servicing and less VAT we would have to pay on the selling price…

j40aja
    Free Member

goatster what brands of bike do you sell?

Been looking at the Canyon Nerve XC8.0 for reference, so 120mm F/S and needs to be suitable for a 6’4″ rider, decent spec and a good deal price wise!

goatster
    Free Member

We sell most brands, not Canyon thats an internet based bike from Germany who sell bikes directly at what is essentially a trade price, we do Santa cruz, yeti, cannondale, Specialized, Cube, Scott, Orange… Something like a Spec Camber, orange ST4, yeti ASR 5… Camber prob the best deal price wise?

j40aja
    Free Member

Sounds interesting,

If you e-mail me your shop’s website details I’ll have a look at the bikes you sell including prices and geometry details.

let me know any deals and what sort of trade in price for mine you were thinking.

Cheers,

Alan.

goatster
    Free Member

Trade in depends on what level of bike you were thinking of buying, a 1500 quid camber would get you less as a trade in than a 6500 quid blur carbon or yeti asr5 carbon, if your near Bury bring it in to the shop have a look round and I’ll assess it for you.

j40aja
    Free Member

Based up near Edinburgh so Bury is quite a way away.

Just thinking about ball park figures as the missus has given permission for a bike change without it costing much extra!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bike pricing?’ is closed to new replies.