Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bike Parts You Like To Play With?
  • mikehopkins
    Free Member

Okay so I just got my Hope Single Speed Hub and I can’t stop clicking it…any parts you like to play with…or am I just a bit special?

CLICK CLICK CLICK
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpkehkk_yQk&hd=1[/video]

RealMan
    Free Member

Too obvious?

Stoner
    Free Member

I have a knackered freehub body on my desk at the moment. Gettin’ lots of fondlin’.

Its usually dead bearing races that are my fidgetty thing on my desk when Im working. I clean them with WD40 first .

Onzadog
    Free Member

Read the title and thought of the pro 2 EVO hub on the coffee table.

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Yup, rear hubs seem like to way to go

stuey
    Free Member

I can’t help pushing an old polished XTR rear mech parallelogram back and forth a few times.

garage-dweller

Hub clickin’!

Its the cyclists substitute for popping bubble wrap 🙂

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Hub clickin’!

Its the cyclists substitute for popping bubble wrap
    Yeah it seems to be really addictive, I’m gutted that I gotta build my hub into a wheel. : (

althepal

Is that bike upside down?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone else try to turn it so slowly they can hear of feel all 4 pawls acting one by one?

theflatboy
    Free Member

only 4?

this is what a hub should look like inside

😉

mikehopkins
    Free Member

I think that Hope hubs have 4 pawls

enfht
    Free Member

That hub in the video was dragging. My XT hubs spin much much longer. Are all cartridge bearings that draggy?

Northwind

New rear mechs…

mikehopkins
    Free Member

That hub in the video was dragging. My XT hubs spin much much longer. Are all cartridge bearings that craggy?

Well I think that the single speed version of the Hope Pro Evo 2 has a fair amount of resistance due to it’s large amount of teeth for quicker engagement. Not really sure to be honest enfht. Maybe it’s just hope hubs in general?

Northwind

You wouldn’t notice any difference in use though, the forces are so small. FWIW my cross bike’s got Formula cartridge hubs and they spin forever

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I loved playing with my King hubs before I made the wheels. Silky smooth machining, beautiful engineering on the rear.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I like to take my pedals apart clean them and grease them…i then often go on rides and get annoyed by my unlubed creaky chain 😳

mikehopkins
    Free Member

I like to take my pedals apart clean them and grease them

What pedals are they?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bike Parts You Like To Play With?’ is closed to new replies.