Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bike Park Wales – what air?
  • I have English air in my tyres.

Question – do I need to change it at the border, or will I die?

burnie
    Free Member

Should be fine, I have used English air in Wales for a couple of days and not died. But I’m moving there in a couple of weeks and thinking I might need to change mine for long term use.

zelak999
    Free Member

I thought the day pass cost more if you use foreign air?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlespeedstu

I’d let all your Englandish air out before the locals get chance to try to steal it.

I hear the local kids like to get high by sniffing it.

Best play it safe and fill up with the Welshist air before you get there.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Are CO2 cartridges a blend?

350 years in a Peruvian prison for taking CO2 across Andy

Nipper99
    Free Member

Please keep the English mucky stuff your side of the border – England always smells somewhere between dog s##t and quavers so we dont need that here in God’s own ta.

northernmatt

we dont need that here in God’s own ta.

Yorkshire?

Northwind

I heard last year an english feller got jumped by some locals in Blaenau, they took his english air off him and forced him to breathe welsh air. He died- too much oxygen in it and not enough exhaust fumes.

chip
    Free Member

Let all the air out before you leave.
    Then fill with leek and potato soup on arrival.

Self healing so no more punctures, tidy.

I’m gonna fill mine with Charlotte Church’s trumps to really make the trails come alive

davenorth1
    Free Member

I took some welsh air from afan and smuggled it to Cannock. something didn’t feel right. your the only 1s ive told. it makes u wanna ride all day

kayak23

I rode there today. English air got me about 200 yards before pinch flatting on wibbly wobbly. I fixed the flat and reinflated with ambient Welsh air, and . Pinch flatted again on rim dinger.
    It doesn’t seem to matter where your air originates from.

matt_outandabout

Just remember – you need more air in your tyres at the top of a Welsh mountain, as the air is thinner, so you need to use more strokes of the pump and higher psi.

chip
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    I’m gonna fill mine with Charlotte Church’s trumps to really make the trails come alive

You may want to go tubeless as I don’t think Charlotte would be able to trump more than 20psi,
    And even then you would need an exceptional seal around the valve.

And if I know rugby players, I doubt that very much.

st

I think English air adapts better, it saves you having to swap air over at the top of every descent and bottom of every climb.

gears_suck
    Free Member

I’ve heard you should run English up the front but put Welsh in the back.. Never tried the Welsh in the back though. Let us know how you get on.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Bike Park Wales is based in Merthyr so whatever air in your wheels is ok just make sure they don’t get stolen an your bike left on bricks.

scandal42
    Free Member

Any suggestions for forks?

Ive got reba rl dual air and considering running Welsh in the + and English in the –

neilc1881
    Free Member

In your forks you are better off with the air from a room of Welsh learners. There is enough spit and dribble in the air that you need not worry about lubrication.

deadkenny
    Free Member

The sheep don’t run off if you have local air.

What gloves for BPW?

Velcro!

singlespeedstu

Is the answer “sik air” or “big air”.

bigblackshed

chip – Member
    TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    You may want to go tubeless as I don’t think Charlotte would be able to trump more than 20psi,
    And even then you would need an exceptional seal around the valve.
    And if I know rugby players, I doubt that very much.

I do believe that particular seal was torn-asunder well before the “rugby player” was packing down. 😉

chip
    Free Member

Which sheep for bike park Wales?

I do believe the internet has now been completed – nothing left to see here 😯

acehtn
    Free Member

May not be True…..

A Dragon Downhill Myth from Mountain Ash.
    Got told this story at a Dragon race, during the race i was doing we all had to wear goggles in the quarry truck uplift because locals where taking potshots at it, the hill was set on fire by locals, in my race run a large enough cairn of rocks had appeared in the middle of the track to stop a bike if you hit it on the blind run in.

I didn’t get the radio control cars darting on and off the track to make you crash, but was told the tale of a previous race…..

Never asked Rowan Sorrel if it’s true, he was named as the rider.
    The locals got a sheep from the nearby fields, at full pelt in his race run at a narrow spot on track, the live sheep was lobbed in front of him.

🙂 may or may not be true ?

Miss the Dragon Downhill races, always a bit wild. 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales – what air?’ is closed to new replies.