Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike Park Wales service centre
  • ThePilot
    Free Member

Anyone used them and, if so, are they any good?
    I need to get my rear shock serviced as well as a couple of other things and they seem really cheap compared with other service centres.
    Be interested to hear your thoughts.
    Cheers!

P-Jay
    Free Member

The Suspension Centre is just a Mojo satellite centre isn’t it? Should be exactly the same pricing?

I’ve used the main workshop there, good guys – it was during the first few weeks they were open, but I was a bit surprised – I suspected they’d be like Skyline cycles at Afan – their market being mostly walk-ins who want something fixed quick so they don’t lose a riding day so stock lots of odds and ends- but they seemed more like a traditional LBS, wanted to book stuff in for a job later in the week.

Probably changed now though.

As for labour rates, same as the other places I’ve used.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Thanks P-Jay, good to know, I’d presumed it was a walk in kind of centre too.
    Re the price, well unless I’m reading it incorrectly, they seem to offer a shock device for £30. I guess it’s worth a shot at that price.
    Cheers again for the info 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

That’ll be an air can service (air seals)……not a shock service (oil seals,nitrogen charge,damper oil).
    *I suspect (unless they are 75% cheaper than Mojo)
    Edit…yup,read the description.

jonundercover
    Free Member

They cant do any more than basic services im afraid. If its more than that they send it to Mojo, I know this from experience.

Also it will be £30 plus parts probably. Go to loco instead.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Found the page now:

http://www.bikeparkwales.com/test-the-best

Yes the services aren’t the same as say Loco, TFT or Mojo would charge you £100+ for – the fork service is a oil and wiper change – I do these myself every 6 months, it does help, especially if you’ve got the era of Fox that likes to eat it’s stanchions – but it’s not a proper service.

The rear service is an air-can service and inspection.

They’re “plus parts” too, so I suspect bare minimum you’re looking at a seal kit which is about £20 for the shock and £30ish for forks.

It does sound like the perfect job if you’re enjoying a day in the park and something starts to play up a bit, seems it can be done whilst you wait – but if you’ve got a serious problem or it just needs some proper TLC you’d be better off sending it off to be done properly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales service centre’ is closed to new replies.