Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike Park Wales Saturday with no up lift…
  • ste1284
    Free Member

Hi all,

Thinking of heading to BPW tomorrow, unfortunately though not booked on the uplift.

Has anyone had any experience of using the uplift when purchasing a 5 lift pass on the day? Obviously riders who are pre booked on the uplift take priority, but how easy is it to jump on a van if there’s spare spaces? Is it much of a wait?

Cheers

Steve

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I did it on a hot and dusty Sunday earlier in the year and had no problems getting uplifts at all.

bombjack
    Free Member

As above, if I was to go again I would only get single tickets. There are plenty of buses running and were plenty of single spaces available whenever we were loading, more so as you get to lunch time / late in the day etc

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, I’m not sure if they’ve changed things around, but it’s actually pretty easy to get on lifts now, especially as the day draws on.

I’m pretty local so I tend do ride up at 09:30, you can get to the top before the first bus even leaves the centre so you can almost have the place to yourself and then grabs a few lifts before heading home lunchtime.

It’s easier (and cheaper) if you pre-buy the lifts at the centre, the drivers don’t carry change anymore and you can always use them again _ I understand that’s a bit of a gamble if you don’t go there much though.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

apologies for the hijack. Were there next week, uplift booked but just wondered if it’s possible to do the pedal up early doors before they open?

mcnultycop

Yes.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes and No,

The carpark opens relatively early I think, certainly before 9, but park rules are that you’re not allowed to ride without a pass on your bike, and no one is allowed to ride before 0930 (when the office opens).

I was 3rd inline for passes a couple of weeks ago, threw myself up as quick as I could and arrived about 5 mins before the first bus did. So you can pedal up before the bus starts (at 10) but you’ll only gain 5-10 mins at most is guess. I wasn’t the first one up there, there was another guy, but he didn’t have a pass and you risk a ban for flouting the rules.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales Saturday with no up lift…’ is closed to new replies.