Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 207 total)
  • Bike Park Wales is go!
  • kayak23

Last time I rode at Gethin was in 2007 on a Dragon Downhill race weekend and this happened…

Still, I won’t let that put me off… Booked on for early September and proper excited about getting back there!
    😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Kayak, cheers for that 😛

tom199
    Free Member

Looks pretty impressive. What if I were to bring one of those old fashioned 26″ hardtails that people used to ride?

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re being confiscated and crushed at the gates 😉 going to sneak mine in round the back 😀

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone know how many trails are going to be open on day 1? I got the impression from one of the vids it wasn’t going to be all.

superfli
    Free Member

I’m sure I read somewhere that it was about 4 or 5 trails? 2 reds, 2 blues+black. I’m hoping more will be open.

fathomer

We’re booked in for 29/09, can’t wait! Never used an uplift before so will be something different! Any full face requirements like Antur?

wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone know exactly what trails are open and when?

greeble
    Free Member

all these will be open

frogstomp

I’m booked in for next Thursday too.. really looking forward to it! I’ll be the one on the wagon-wheeled Salsa.

Don’t think there’s any requirement for a FF as it’s more of an uplift-assisted trail centre than downhill from what I’ve seen.. but I’m going to chuck mine in anyway (can’t hurt!).

mduncombe
    Free Member

anybody know what the climb is like, the trail map suggests it folows the route of the up lift some of the way but maybe not actually on the uplift road?

I am one of those crazy people who doesnt want to sit in a van when I go cycling 🙂

frogstomp

From earlier in the thread:

The climb is close to the road in parts but all off road.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Greeble – I got the impression that was the map of the trails that WILL be open in the future but from the video there was talk of less (2 blue, 2 red and 2 black)…

Says here at 4.43:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3NPYJZKcAkw#t=282[/video]

I’m assuming this is what’s happening

greeble
    Free Member

just wait n see sat all of what is on the map will be there

on another note
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbOuFqBeoH4[/video]

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Very excited about this… trails looks awesome…

innit_gareth
    Free Member

If the quality of trails is going to be anywhere near as good as the fantastic video series they’ve produced then its going to be great.

LoCo
    Free Member

Just been up there with rode the blue and red trails, WOW! Great work by all the BPW team, Thank you 😀

therag
    Free Member

Good news for some of you. The climb is going to be finished 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

*rubs thighs*

LoCo
    Free Member

22mins ish if you’re quick for the climb apparently

jimster
    Free Member

Looks absolutely Fanbloodytastic!!!!!

LoCo
    Free Member

Quick video from yesterday on the blue trail testing for the 4 wheel bikes from project enduro that we’re involved in.

therag
    Free Member

Loco, I looked out for you, bumped into some of those guys but don’t think you was with them at the time. I was in a Mitsubishi pick up truck.
    Cool video, those rollers at 2min 40 get me in knots but so much fun!
    Those guys on the 4 wheelers got some talent, a few alterations to the black runs and they’d have some scarily fast trails

therag
    Free Member

Oh and 22mins, think ill be looking nearer 1hr & 22mins.
    I did hear its been done in 26 tho

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d left at lunch time (work!)
    The trail rode brilliantly with plenty of airtime over the rollers and getting it turned into the corners off them 😀
    The 4 wheeled bikes certainly go quick, you can see where he’s gapping the filmer.
    The bike is a production model and Project enduro are currently designing a new full bike which will be considerably different and use the DSP Racing Duelers (with some mods 😉 )

More info here for anyone that’s interested: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-ENDURO/465343436884728?fref=ts 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Reckon it’s fs or ht territory? I have an uplift booked next month and wondering which bike to take. Cant wait to ride it, looks so fun!

mduncombe
    Free Member

Reckon it’s fs or ht territory? I have an uplift booked next month and wondering which bike to take. Cant wait to ride it, looks so fun!

why not go the first time with the HT then go again with the FS and see how your times compare on Strava 🙂

mduncombe
    Free Member

Quick video from yesterday on the blue trail testing for the 4 wheel bikes from project enduro that we’re involved in.

I did see the previous blue video and thought that looks wide, was it built specifically with the 4 wheelers in mid? Well done BPW if it was. Looks pretty hairy though!

_tom_
    Free Member

why not go the first time with the HT then go again with the FS and see how your times compare on Strava

too far away for regular multiple trips and strava is shit! I just want to maximise fun and not be wishing I’d brought the other bike. Don’t have space in the car for both either.

xiphon
    Free Member

Whichever bike you take, you’ll wonder what it was like on the other one.

I’d take the HT..

superfli
    Free Member

I’m taking both on 30th, it’ll be interesting to see the difference on each trail.

scruff
    Free Member

Any DH bike worthy trails finished?

greeble
    Free Member

yes

greeble
    Free Member

did it live up to the hype?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep and then some 😉

jonundercover
    Free Member

I was blown away by this place! way above what I expected and I didn’t even use the uplift, Cant wait to book one soon.

frogstomp

Just spent an uplift day today. Very impressed – some great trails with lots of variety of feel and surface which you can mix and match. Plenty of people riding up but I was more than happy to be chauffeured for the day!

molgrips
    Free Member

Loco y u no reply to website message?

_tom_
    Free Member

did it live up to the hype?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just went yesterday and yes I would say it absolutely does. The blues and reds are just so much fun. I’m sure all the keyboard/armchair warriors on here will say they’re too much like a sanitised bmx track but that’s the fun of it. You can just go flat out through it all and pop off every little bump/roller etc 😀 Absolutely loved it. Wibbly Wobbly to Willy Waver is probably my favourite combination of trails, just bermy swoopy fun with little bits you can jump and transfer into the opposing berms. For me it was the only thing I’ve ridden since Whistler 2 years ago that has given me the same sort of riding buzz. But as an ex-bmx’er I’m not really into the proper rough rooty stuff, to me it’s all about going fast, jumping and swoopy berms 🙂

The blacks are techy enough as well, but I’m crap enough at that sort of riding in the dry and it was too wet for me to have much confidence riding it properly. Dai Hard was really fun with the opening double and tabletop but as it got steeper/rootier/more off camber I was out of my comfort zone. Definitely need a spikier tyre than a Clutch SX up front for the muddier trails. Coal Not Dole was a nice black and not too techy, just big steeper berms.

Now they just need to make a blue/red that has some decent jumps ala Crank It Up/Black Velvet and they’ll be onto an even bigger winner 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Going to be wet this weekend, it’s P’ing down over the mountain ATM 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales is go!’ is closed to new replies.