Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 207 total)
  • Bike Park Wales is go!
  • Northwind

I’m just trying to work out when I can go! Back to Antur Stiniog, maybe Cwymcarn, do some xc stuff… Should be good

core

Does anybody actually use a 150mm full susser for Blue & Red trails?

http://www.bikeparkwales.com/bike-hire

p.s. I might try it just for the craic but will probably stick to XC trail centres……..

wrecker
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t they? 160mm for blue, red and black graded DH trails is great. DH grading is very different to trail centre grading (for those unsure). The blue at antur would be a black on trail centre routes I reckon.

grum
    Free Member

I do because it’s my only mountain bike. Amazingly enough it works fine and is great fun, even on easy blue XC loops.

The red trail at Antur Stiniog or the Nevis Range downhill red are perfectly suited to a 150-160mm bike though IMO.

timmys

Yes. email in profile for you to send me funds for purchase of additional bike(s). Thanks!

joshbosh12
    Free Member

Despite the fact you can pay only £5 to ride. I can’t see myself riding here very often really. I work in Brecon so when there was talk of this happening in Merthyr I was hoping for DH trails and a new big, fun, fast XC loop like you get at most trail centres these days. Is there a chance they could add this in the future?

Looks great. Not sure why people bother coming on this thread to explain why uplift is pointless and how they don’t like doing the same trails over and over. There’s loads of XC centres in Wales – can’t we just be pleased there’s something new and different on offer?

All well and good, but a new bit of singletrack that went up and down would’ve been nice.

Aside from that, I think what they’ve created is fantastic; It’s just not what I was hoping for.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Isnt it like 3.50 to park in afan and glyncorrwg? I’m more than happy to pay 5 quid to ride what they got on offer.

Easy climb for 8-10 mins down sounds like a great XC route to me, dont know why people are moaning about it. Probably same people who moan about taking some rocks out of cwmcarn.

150mm bikes will be more than capable to do most of the stuff there i reckon.

joshbosh12
    Free Member

Isnt it like 3.50 to park in afan and glyncorrwg? I’m more than happy to pay 5 quid to ride what they got on offer.

Easy climb for 8-10 mins down sounds like a great XC route to me, dont know why people are moaning about it. Probably same people who moan about taking some rocks out of cwmcarn.

150mm bikes will be more than capable to do most of the stuff there i reckon. £1 @ Cwmcarn 8)
    I’m also not complaining.

wrecker
    Free Member

I was hoping for DH trails and a new big, fun, fast XC loop like you get at most trail centres these days.

Well there are plenty of DH trails. The beast of burden is listed at 4.6km. Don’t know if it’s an up and down trail though.

Probably same people who moan about taking some rocks out of cwmcarn.

I moan about dumbing down trails because it’s not needed and gets right on my tits. Sorry.

superfli
    Free Member

Booked for 30th aug. A day at Afan the day before too 🙂

greeble
    Free Member

johnboosh12

I was hoping for DH trails and a new big, fun, fast XC loop like you get at most trail centres these days.

thats exaclty what they’ve built!

joshbosh12
    Free Member

thats exaclty what they’ve built!

Sorry, where is the “new big, fun, fast XC loop”

grum
    Free Member

Typical STW – they build a great big bike park and someone moans that it’s not got enough XC trails.

joshbosh12
    Free Member

Typical STW – they build a great big bike park and someone moans that it’s not got enough XC trails.

I’m sorry if I in particular am coming off as “moaning”. That was not my intention.

therag
    Free Member

There is a xc loop! Almost all single track climb starts from the visitor centre and ends at the top, only difference to most t.c is you have a choice of 6 trails to come down instead of 1

core

I think people are getting confused (perhaps me included), but they’re not selling it themselves as a purely DH venue, the post above comparing blue runs at DH centres to blacks at most trail centres seems a bit wide of the mark for Bike Park Wales because that really doesn’t sound like what they’ve built.

Yes all of the routes are descents, but not DH courses from what I can tell.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Is there any footage of the runs yet?

grum
    Free Member

core – this is the description for the blue trails.

· Blue grade bikepark trails are suitable for: Intermediate mountain bikers.

· Bike required: Functional good quality well maintained mountain bike. Mid to long travel suspension bike recommended.

Doesn’t sound like the description for most blue XC trails.

wrecker
    Free Member

Perhaps core is right (I haven’t seen the trails) but the name “bike park” suggests DH graded trails to me (like antur). For eexample the blacks at blaengarw and afan are a fair bit easier than the red at antur. All rideable for mortals though.
    We’ll have to wait and see. Exciting.
    Edit; if they do grade them like trail centres, it’ll be a bit of a laughing stock to visiting euros, Canadians etc.

core

Only one way to find out!

Northwind

Grading’s always up and down, glentress blue is harder than some reds, nevis red is harder than most blacks, and so on. But it does seem like BPW have pitched theirs a little higher.

Lummox

I only ride park

Just seen this 😉

I’m looking to book up for a days uplift soon

LoCo
    Free Member

I only ride park

😆

therag
    Free Member

Parts of the blue will remind of you of fods verderers trail but longer, the reds slightly steeper & narrower with some drops & jumps. The blacks will have a couple of 20-30ft table tops, bigger drop offs, & huge gap jumps. Beginner or pro you are going to love it!

gaz552
    Free Member

Looking forward to taking a trip out there to see what the place is like.

Hopefully once some people have been we’ll get some good footage of what the trails are like.

b45her
    Free Member

Gareth this is singletrack world mate, a lot of folk here have a very different view to us as to what mountain biking is, there is a link to the taff trail from the visitor center i believe they can shred the gnarr on their rigid 29ers there lol.

deviant
    Free Member

there is a link to the taff trail from the visitor center i believe they can shred the gnarr on their rigid 29ers there lol.

Classic, a perfect description of some of the planks on here!

Northwind

Classic STW really, remember this, Antur Stiniog the wheelchair access path :mrgreen:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/blaenau-ffestiniog-new-downhill-tracks-architrail

therag
    Free Member

🙂

therag
    Free Member

Another hectic week at BikePark Wales. Things are really coming together now and it's looking awesome!! Less than a…

Posted by BikePark Wales on Friday, July 26, 2013

therag
    Free Member

1st video add

_tom_
    Free Member

Looking awesome! Is this close enough to Revolution bike park to make a weekend of it and ride both?

therag
    Free Member

Tom, rev is north Wales, bpw is south.
    Have a weekend at both 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Will hit this in the autumn when the natural trails get poo. Am ok with riding up if I forget to book uplift. Those burg tech trailers are ace BTW. £5 is nothing for what they have built. Don’t like it? then ride over the beacons or at Aran for free or the cost of parking.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

therag – won’t work on my youtube, say’s it’s private?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Really like the look of that, will definately make a trip across at some point!

therag
    Free Member

Yeah, think its been removed, it worked last night.

_tom_
    Free Member

Tom, rev is north Wales, bpw is south.
    Have a weekend at both

Ah yeah just had a look, not close at all! Weekend at both sounds like a plan 😀

gwaelod
    Free Member

where does the Taff Trail link to it then….potentially this is rideable from my house.

grum
    Free Member

Video is working for me. Looking good…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ4rO2WdVRY&sns=em[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales is go!’ is closed to new replies.