Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bike Park Wales – accommodation
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Any recommendations for accommodation near Bike Park Wales? Good food/pubs within walking distance a must

enduroforever
    Free Member

We stayed at the butchers arms. Fantastic pub and great hosts around ten mins from the park
    Butchers arms Pontsticll, Merthyr, Tydfil , CF48 2UE

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Cheers

Any other recommendations?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    superfli
    Free Member

Premier inn in Aberdare. Good pub grub next door.

rsl1
    Free Member

Coed Owen Bunkhouse definitely the best bunkhouse I have been to (though I haven’t used many)

We stayed in Crickhowell – 20 mins down the Heads of The Valley Rd, towards Abergavenny, then hang a left at Gilwern. Mainly stopped there cos my cousin lives there – however, really nice little town, some nice boozers and got looked after really well in the Dragon Hotel where we stayed.

Tinners

A little further down the A470, so around 15 min drive away – The Gwaelod Inn near Taffs Well. Real ale pub (CAMRA Real Ale pub of the year for this region last year), great food, their own microbrewery with around 7 real ales on tap (never counted, but a rough estimate), friendly bar staff, real log fire and stone walls. The accommodation is attached to the pub. Oh, and great mountain biking from the doorstep over The Garth mountain. What more could you want?
    http://www.gwaelodinn.co.uk/index.htm

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Great suggestions everyone. I’ll check them all out. Thanks

Bear in mind Merthyr itself is a complete shithole

_tom_
    Free Member

Travelodge or premier inn is a 5/10 min drive away and cheap. Not great mind but its a bed! There are a few pubs nearby as well.

Travelodge & Premier Inn are shit and I would only stay in them for work. In fact, Premier Inn isn’t even cheap

timidwheeler
    Free Member

We stayed at the Aberdare PI. Staff were great and had no issues with keeping the bikes in our room. It was also quite cheap (Jan rates). The pub next door was awful! Check the reviews on trip adviser if you don’t believe me.

superfli
    Free Member

Each to their own, but I think Premier Inns are fantastic. Great price, and the rooms are large, very comfortable and clean. They are the first places I look for when travelling away. Always a decent pub next door too.

deano8
    Free Member

The Stables in Pant is just 20 mins away. Good pub round the corner
    £27.50 each and they have a cottage that sleeps 7 with Sky tv and bikes locked inside.
    Lovely old couple owners and an excellent breakfast:)

fathomer

deano8 – have you got a link, sounds just like what I’m looking for as well.

nigew
    Free Member

Gethin Lodge sleeps 6, has a very secure garage for bikes and you can ride to BPW from there.

http://www.gethinlodge.com/

A group of us stayed ther last September, it cost £42 each for 2 nights

There is a pub a short walk away for breakfast and The Colliers Arms just along the road, it looks rough but the locals couldn’t of been any more welcoming, Merthyr isn’t that bad either, we ended up in The Kirkhouse on the Saturday night, no trouble at all and the drinks were dirt cheap, crap music though 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stayed at the Travellodge in Merthyr. Cheap, perfectly serviceable accommodation.

Had a grand night in town as well. Great curry, and service, at Moksh, and then a joyous time drinking in the ‘Spoons down the hill. Top tip – Get a window seat near the bar if you can, for some truly epic people watching potential. Street theatre of the highest order.

lardman
    Free Member

We stayed in a great bunkhouse near Crickhowel, caledl Werm Watkins.
    Sleeps about 25, but is very well kitted out, and nestled in the Brecons.

30mins journey over the ‘heads of the valleys road’ to BPW.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales – accommodation’ is closed to new replies.